Guys that have the 351 kit for a 06 or 07 klx250s...was it worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 09:32 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member
Default Guys that have the 351 kit for a 06 or 07 klx250s...was it worth it?

Possibly purchasing one very soon. Just need to get some opinions.

Old 06-19-2011, 09:54 PM
TNC
1st Gear Member

jhoffy, no disrespect intended at all, and not trying to sound like a "search ****", but have you gone back just a little bit in this forum's history to read the many valuable threads and posts on many of the questions you're asking here? There is a valuable wealth of info for the 351 kit installs that have been done here.

Old 06-20-2011, 12:32 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by TNC
jhoffy, no disrespect intended at all, and not trying to sound like a "search ****", but have you gone back just a little bit in this forum's history to read the many valuable threads and posts on many of the questions you're asking here? There is a valuable wealth of info for the 351 kit installs that have been done here.
I'm sorry, you are completely right and I know I have been jamming the forum up with tons of questions but it's just overwhelming trying to learn all of this stuff and making sure I'm doing the right thing and getting the best stuff. I am active on a lot of forums and I know that it can be annoying when new members clog the forums with questions that have been answered thousands of times. Sorry I will try to do a little more searching. It's just hard when people don't really differentiate which year of the klx they are talking about. Plus, this forum only has threads dating back to early this year. The old threads must have been deleted.

I appreciate everyone's help and patience with me though

I need to talk with a klx enthusiast through email that has an 06.

Old 06-20-2011, 01:04 AM
TNC
1st Gear Member

No, it's not a "clogging" thing at all. The traffic on this forum isn't overwhelming. It's just that you may miss tons of great install posts with opinions about how they worked out over time and all the pros and cons. Not everyone will want to repeat lengthy discussions that have come and gone here. You'll get some info, I just think you might get more indepth by reading some of those 351 threads in detail. Then you'll probably have some specific questions that would apply to your situation. This isn't my forum by any means, and I'm not trying to squelch your research. If you look back on some of these 351 threads, you're going to have to search high and low to find any negative comments about the outcome. It's pretty much a win/win situation.

Old 06-20-2011, 01:12 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by TNC
No, it's not a "clogging" thing at all. The traffic on this forum isn't overwhelming. It's just that you may miss tons of great install posts with opinions about how they worked out over time and all the pros and cons. Not everyone will want to repeat lengthy discussions that have come and gone here. You'll get some info, I just think you might get more indepth by reading some of those 351 threads in detail. Then you'll probably have some specific questions that would apply to your situation. This isn't my forum by any means, and I'm not trying to squelch your research. If you look back on some of these 351 threads, you're going to have to search high and low to find any negative comments about the outcome. It's pretty much a win/win situation.
I've been trying to find older threads that are more pertinent to my situation but even if I go to the first page of this forum, they only date back to the beginning of the year. Any idea how I can find the older threads?

Old 06-20-2011, 02:28 AM
1st Gear Member

Scroll to the bottom of the first page. Use the "Display Options" drop downs to adjust the age range of posts shown.

Old 06-20-2011, 03:30 AM
1st Gear Member

I have not seen one negative post about a 351 upgrade. It is the most expensive mod I have done but by far the best mod. You should be able to find threads that are older than one year.

Like TNC said, the search function will answer just about any question you have. This forum is a priceless resource.

Here is the 351 thread I put up when I did my "07" Dan
https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum...s-links-32538/

Old 06-20-2011, 03:46 AM
1st Gear Member

Hey the 351 was a real shot in the arm for this bike, I know its "only" a 2010 bike, but comparing a dynojetted, modded, tuned 2010 250 to a tuned 351 was an amazing difference.. I think if I rode a stock 250 now I would be shocked due to the difference in torque

Old 06-20-2011, 05:13 AM
1st Gear Member

I only went up to 331. It's a real, honest kick-in-the-pants difference. I can only imagine the 351 would be even MORE so. Yep, it's worth it.

Old 06-20-2011, 05:25 PM
1st Gear Member

No way, it's not worth it at all.. I hate all the crazy low-end torque it has.. And man, it's freakin annoying how much easier the front wheel lifts. I hate that. I wish it had like 40% less HP & torque than it has now.. That would be great. I wish I could go back to the way it used to be.. gutless and weak :*(

Quick Reply: Guys that have the 351 kit for a 06 or 07 klx250s...was it worth it?