Guess where my bike is again......Update, shop called.

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 06:32 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member
Default Guess where my bike is again......Update, shop called.

Yep you are right..... the dealer..... but a different one.

Well it was warm last night, and i just got the bike all cleaned and the air filter oiled... so i take it to work, 25 miles.... was fine.... and it was kinda nice out so i take a longer way home.... im in the fast lane on a 4 lane road when all of a sudden it makes some bad noises, so i pull the clutch in, and it dies and i pull off in the middle of the road and get off and wait to get off the left side of the road so i get it over there and i try to start it, and it makes some bad noises, then just stops, So when i hit the start button nothing happens it wont even turn over...... great, its been such a ordeal with it that i wasnt even mad. I just called my wife, and she was on her way with the ramps and truck, while waiting, a cop stops, he said that they got a call about a biker laying on the side of the road....lol.... it was hot so i was just layin in the gravel... there is a big pull off that i was in like there were 3 or 4 semi truck trailers, so i was a good 20-30 ft off the road. So the wife comes and i load it up and i go to the dealer i bought that cleaner from on my way home from work, Crossroads Motorsports..... You will all be happy that i am not going back to Beaver County Bike works where the guy with the mullet is.... So now its at the dealer, the service manager said they are the top service dept north of pittsburgh.... so thats what happend now.... and i explained to him everything that has happened.... hopefully i have good luck with them. when its fixed me and the wife are going to sit down and talk to a salesman about trading it in and giving us a break. By the sounds it made i think something with the timing chain... but we will see

Old 08-25-2007, 06:45 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Guess where my bike is again......

Sorry to hear about your bike! At least it didn't lock up on you and spit you off in traffic.
Let us know what the diagnosis is; hopefully nothing major, especially since it died quickly. (That didn't sound right; sorry.)
We'll hope for "cheap!"

Old 08-25-2007, 06:47 PM
1st Gear Member

that sucks get a new one

Old 08-25-2007, 07:00 PM
1st Gear Member

Sorry to hear it. If it were me i would have been looking for a new bike a long time ago. I don't be the one to say it but, no Muzzy owner have reported any of these problems with there bikes

Old 08-25-2007, 07:08 PM
1st Gear Member

Maybe you could finangle the dealer into DS-ing a KLX450R? That'd be up to your mud slinging, trail jumping, offroad shinanigans more than a KLR.

Old 08-25-2007, 07:34 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Sorry man, this sucks, because we don't want to lose you as one of the top contributors I hope you just get another motor and stay around here.[&:]

Old 08-25-2007, 08:20 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Major bummer! Sorry to hear it, was hoping all your bike troubles were behind you.

Are you considering a KLR650? I agree with Josh, I think you'd be happier on a dual sported KLX450R. The KLR's are nice bikes, but the way you like off-road, I wouldn't think you'd be happy long-term on a KLR. But I could be completely wrong.

<subliminal>
Or you could get a KaTooM ...

Old 08-25-2007, 08:51 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

sucks huh.... i thaught it was all better too..... im pretty much gonna say that its gonna be there the rest of the riding season......

Old 08-25-2007, 11:06 PM
1st Gear Member

Aww man, I guess a Labor Day KLX Fest is out then.

Old 08-25-2007, 11:31 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2k1w=no$

Sorry to hear it. If it were me i would have been looking for a new bike a long time ago. I don't be the one to say it but, no Muzzy owner have reported any of these problems with there bikes
Exhaust has nothing to do with this situation. What are you even talking about?

Quick Reply: Guess where my bike is again......Update, shop called.