Gubment Spending Rant

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 04:59 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Wow, haven't been following prices. They were $1.15 when I quit. Just think of all the money we've saved.

Old 08-09-2009, 05:29 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nobrakes
I would engage in my right to free speech about this debate, FM, but I don't want my name to end up on the gubment "snitch list." So much for free speech. It might even be funny if it wasn't true.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/op...-52571822.html

Check this one out ...

http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-310586

That one is one of my favorites "OBAMA SECRET DISSIDENT CITIZEN DATABASE" .... roflmao

If its a secret..why do we all know about it.

Actually I know of a lot of people that send an email to flag@whitehouse.gov on a daily basis to report suspect dissident citizens......they usually send info about extreme liberal groups or better yet some of our more comical liberal elected officials.

I bet they are getting buried in comical emails

Old 08-09-2009, 08:34 PM
1st Gear Member

Now, I'm not an expert on American politics, let alone money itself, but as far as I can see, Obama has done what needed to be done to keep everyone in the way they are accustomed. The difference between military spending and spending to prop up the economy is that military spending is almost always money you will never see again.

Makes sense to me anyway...

Old 08-10-2009, 01:18 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 3L4NS1R
Now, I'm not an expert on American politics, let alone money itself, but as far as I can see, Obama has done what needed to be done to keep everyone in the way they are accustomed. The difference between military spending and spending to prop up the economy is that military spending is almost always money you will never see again.

Makes sense to me anyway...
Money we will never see is bailing out banks, insurance companies, and auto manufacturers/unions.

But you are right, Obama will give people what they are "accustomed" to. Bigger, more intrusive government, increased borrowing and spending, and increased national debt. I challenge any human being on the face of the Earth to make the case that these policies are the "change" that Obama ran on.

Oh yeah... I'm a union member so I'd better be quiet.

M

Old 08-10-2009, 01:36 AM
1st Gear Member

So what Obama should have done was sit there and tell the economy to sort itself out? That would go down real well...

It's increased debt, yes. But it's necessary debt to get the 'private' sector out of it's own poo fight. And by 'accustomed' I mean a stable country...

Old 08-10-2009, 01:48 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

So what Obama should have done was sit there and tell the economy to sort itself out? That would go down real well...

It's increased debt, yes. But it's necessary debt to get the 'private' sector out of it's own poo fight. And by 'accustomed' I mean a stable country...
With all due respect, you don't know what you are talking about. This whole economic bust was caused by government involvement in forcing banks to lend money to people for buying homes they couldn't afford. It all escalated from there. The private sector would never have done that, our congress passed laws requiring them to do so. Yes, the road the Hell *is* paved with good intentions, but it leads to Hell regardless. So you sitting over there in some other country thousands of miles away and not knowing anything about what's going on here talking about how Obama is so great doesn't really sit too well. In fact, Obama is one of the politicians that blocked reform of the above program. It could have been curtailed before it got too out of control and caused the devastation that it did. But he and many others squashed the effort to bring the darker aspects of that practice into the light of day and reform it - it's called political cronyism, you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours. So he is very much part of the problem, and I'm sure you can see our point of view that that we don't have any confidence in his so called "solution" when he's one of the short sighted fools that got us into this mess in the first place.

But he sure can give a speech, can't he?

Last edited by Nobrakes; 08-10-2009 at 01:53 AM.
Old 08-10-2009, 01:57 AM
1st Gear Member

Damn NB....beat me to the punch...but exactly.

Only a fool believes what the media says.

Old 08-10-2009, 04:22 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nobrakes
...But he sure can give a speech, can't he?
Nope he can't even do that, not without the tele prompts! Haven't you ever seen him stutter and stammer when someone asks him a real question?

Old 08-10-2009, 05:15 AM
1st Gear Member

You've got to crack a few eggs to make an omlette. Should have let em' all burn.

Responsible actions and integrity. Haven't seen either lately.

Old 08-10-2009, 04:20 PM
1st Gear Member

Congress appropriates $550 million for private jets for themselves after cutting funding for F-22 jets for the military.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124986067095218079.html

http://www.reuters.com/article/polit...56R62I20090728

Defecit grew by $181 billion in july on bailouts of financial firms, auto manufacturers...
http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/...009-08-09.html

Quick Reply: Gubment Spending Rant