Greetings from Serbia! :) Questions regarding KLX 250...

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by neilaction
Hollow. Well mainly. The end is solid.
Thanks for the info!

Old 09-24-2009, 02:47 PM
1st Gear Member

HA,
I'll try and answer your first series of questions:

1. will the EFI limit your ability to mod for more pwr - yes. The EFI model will require a module to modify the mapping of the ECU. Power Commander is not making one but Two Brothers Racing has released a Juicy Box for it. Mine just arrived last week so when I get to go home I will be able to give it a try. In Thailand there was a ECU recall that some people reported good results from but others noticed no change. Their are a couple of wiring tricks to override the rev limiter but mine did just by removing the airbox lid.

2. I have had mine KLX250 up to 115kph and have heard reports of slightly higher. I weigh ~95kilos so your milage may vary. I have not done any speed testing.

My bike's current configuration is listed in my signature. Just remember this bike is not a KX250F and will not perform like one. It does what it is designed to do fairly well but it is not a top of the line machine for going crazy on.

Eric

Last edited by pseacraft; 09-24-2009 at 02:56 PM.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by pseacraft
HA,
I'll try and answer your first series of questions:

1. will the EFI limit your ability to mod for more pwr - yes. The EFI model will require a module to modify the mapping of the ECU. Power Commander is not making one but Two Brothers Racing has released a Juicy Box for it. Mine just arrived last week so when I get to go home I will be able to give it a try. In Thailand there was a ECU recall that some people reported good results from but others noticed no change. Their are a couple of wiring tricks to override the rev limiter but mine did just by removing the airbox lid.

2. I have had mine KLX250 up to 115kph and have heard reports of slightly higher. I weigh ~95kilos so your milage may vary. I have not done any speed testing.

My bike's current configuration is listed in my signature. Just remember this bike is not a KX250F and will not perform like one. It does what it is designed to do fairly well but it is not a top of the line machine for going crazy on.

Eric
Thank you very much for the info! I really appreciate it!
Well, I will not do any mods until my 2 yrs warranty expires, and until then, there will probably be more options for power increase on EFI version.

Again, thanks!

Best,