Green Clarke + a few other things

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 04:02 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Green Clarke + a few other things

Well its been a while since I've taken pics of my updated bike, and I've been asked how the green tank looks. Here it is along with the Cyclops headlight, renthal bars, unabiker rad guards, vortex throttle and utah skid plate:

Like others, I too have the space between the seet and the shroud, but not a big deal:
Name:  IMG_6816.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  71.8 KB
Name:  IMG_6817.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  49.0 KB

I added about a cm worth of washers under the screw at the bottom of the tank, so that the brass fittings arent resting against the frame. It still touches, but theres no movement with the tank so I'm pretty confident I won't get the leaks. This could have also spelled my undoing though to get that seat clip to connect to the tank. I've got a couple other things to try, but I've kinda lost interest in getting it to hook up. Not really a big deal IMO either.

Here's a front shot of the cyclops light. Its different, but I like it. You can also see the Unabiker guards there too.

Name:  IMG_6818.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  49.2 KB

Heres an angle of the carmichael bars I got. They are a bit shorter so the mirror positioning isnt quite right yet, but I'll get to that later too I guess. Not a big deal at the time. Also got the vortex throttle in there. Love that thing. Very cheap and effective mod.

Name:  IMG_6815.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  66.5 KB

And heres just a shot of the bike, you can also see the skidplate too. I'm very satisfied with all the mods that i've done, and think I might be done.....maybe. Cant wait until it warms up a touch more to take it to the mud!
Name:  IMG_6814.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  72.8 KB

?
PS: does anyone else hate how you have to navigate to another page to resize images on photobucket? what a pain in the ***!

Old 03-19-2008, 08:17 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Green Clarke + a few other things

????? resize them before uploading, takes about 2 seconds with irfanview

Old 03-19-2008, 10:58 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

photobucket has an "edit" now thats new and you can resize them in photbucket after uploaded, piece of cake.... bike looks good... never say "im done with mods" yea i have said that many times already....lol..... looks good, how bright is that light?

Old 03-19-2008, 11:12 AM
1st Gear Member

Very nice!.....I thought I was near done modding, but my god I love that headlight....and the utah skidplate...and the green tank...dammit why am i so greedy?[&:]

Old 03-19-2008, 01:01 PM
1st Gear Member

I 2nd the photobucket crap they added on the extra page....too slow now.....JMO....
I was going to add a couple tips to the tank swap here for others as i just did mine last friday as well.My fitting does not touch the frame after i turned it to a "flat" instead of the "point" of the fitting.the leak deal is also in these pics ....that is if it... were to leak.The large brown O-ring should be installed on the reserve fitting ONLY which is the short one on the left.... for the regular fuel intake you should re-use the OEM fitting or replace it with PN. 24-0563 from Caterpillar (heavy equipment stuff). I just re-used my old one because i forgot my o-ring kit at work.
The diameter is different on the fitting body as you can see and Clarke sent 2 o rings of the same size which is no good.
Name:  DSCF1940.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  55.1 KB

as for the tank to shroud gap? I don't really care because my buttpad covers it anyway...It's used for all road use and not for offroad where the gap will be covered with mud anyway....
Name:  DSCF1988.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  105.4 KB

Old 03-19-2008, 04:45 PM
1st Gear Member

I was wondering about that O-ring as they were the same size. I just ran it anyway. I'm pretty sure that i've got the "flat" part going on too. I'm not concerned. If it will last for my may long weekend camp trip then i'm set.

Eric, I havent got to try the light at night time yet as its too chilly lol. It seems fairly bright enough though. Someone else here has one, can't recall who....had the excellent writeup on how to install it too.

Old 03-28-2008, 02:27 AM
1st Gear Member

I just got and instaledmy new clark tank today.Has any one been able to hook the seat to the tank? I tryed and tryed and tryed but no can-do. It holds firm with outit, I think.

Old 03-28-2008, 05:45 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

looking good STD[8D]

Old 03-28-2008, 06:07 PM
1st Gear Member

[sm=pimp.gif]

Old 03-29-2008, 01:30 AM
1st Gear Member

Great look on the clarke tank, I liked the black, then I convinced myself I needed the natural to be practial and see the fuel, now I like the "look" of the green tank.

I am real close to buying one and it seems that the going price n the clarke website is $200 OTD shipping included. Is there a discount avalible for forum members?

Quick Reply: Green Clarke + a few other things