Great Videos.....How to turn your KLX into a beast!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 03:01 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Great Videos.....How to turn your KLX into a beast!!

ORIGINAL: kawikathy

Shaydara, no offense but those videos have been posted more times than Deej's clean bike has!
I find that statement hard to believe Kathy.[8D] Besides every time I post now its automatically posted.

Old 04-02-2008, 05:45 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes

Call up http://www.moto-pro.com/ . They'll ask your weight, how you ride, etc, and make a recommendation. Usually all you need are springs and they are easy to change. Then set your sag adjustment. Setting the sag is basically just setting the preload so that the static sag and rider sag fall into the correct range. If your sag is not right, that means the bike's geometry is not right and will cause it to not handle very well. Get the geometry right and you notice a big improvement in turning, high speed stability, etc.

Ugh just looking around and I see its going to be upwards of 250 bones, just for suspension. My brother in law knows a kawi mechanic so maybe he'll knwo where to get some cheaper parts. Unfortunately this guys attitude when I asked him if he could pipe and jet my bike was "just get a bigger bike, it wont do nothing".

Old 04-02-2008, 07:34 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stellar_d

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes

Call up http://www.moto-pro.com/ . They'll ask your weight, how you ride, etc, and make a recommendation. Usually all you need are springs and they are easy to change. Then set your sag adjustment. Setting the sag is basically just setting the preload so that the static sag and rider sag fall into the correct range. If your sag is not right, that means the bike's geometry is not right and will cause it to not handle very well. Get the geometry right and you notice a big improvement in turning, high speed stability, etc.

Ugh just looking around and I see its going to be upwards of 250 bones, just for suspension. My brother in law knows a kawi mechanic so maybe he'll knwo where to get some cheaper parts. Unfortunately this guys attitude when I asked him if he could pipe and jet my bike was "just get a bigger bike, it wont do nothing".
don't you already have a muzzy? (your sig says so)

Old 04-03-2008, 12:02 AM
1st Gear Member

Yup I do...what I meant was that this guy wasnt much help before, so going to ask him about suspension might be even less helpful.

I told him though he couldnt have been farther from knowing what he was talking about in regards to rejetting/pipe making a difference

Old 04-03-2008, 12:28 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

******* dealer mechanics think they know it all.

Old 04-03-2008, 06:12 AM
1st Gear Member

yah mostly...this guys ok I guess. He really knows his stuff. I was pissed off bout his resposnse before (telling me to get a bigger bike after i had just bough thtis one) but he beleives that if youre going to spend any kind of money, you better get some crazy results. he likes to get bigger street bikes and make them widowmakers. must be a veitnamese thing.