The Great Humungous

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 07:42 PM
1st Gear Member

My guess is turn signal will melt....

Mine did within 2 blocks from my house...Idle should be fine but getting up to temp and blowing 5k rpmz worth of heat then idle....Not sure.....

I drilled right behind the tailight...Theres a nice little spot to put some aftermarkets in..

My pipe is a 06 HMF on an 09...Not the same combo....But similar spot when I roasted my signal.........

Rocco

Old 10-04-2008, 07:53 PM
1st Gear Member

Ahh. Well I see that the O.P. simply hacked the bottom off the fender. I am planning on removing it, and fabricating a metal bracket to hold the taillight, signals, and plate. And in doing so, I'm gonna pull in the turn signals. So hopefully whenever I hit the lottery and get a Muzzys I won't roast my signal.

Maybe some of that metallic heat shielding or insulation?

Old 10-04-2008, 08:21 PM
1st Gear Member

the pipe diameter looks fat as hell on that.. betcha that'd go nice with a 300 or 331cc bore :P

Old 10-05-2008, 04:41 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jsac
the pipe diameter looks fat as hell on that.. betcha that'd go nice with a 300 or 331cc bore :P
In due time, grasshopper, in due time.

Old 10-05-2008, 04:44 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by f1rocco
My guess is turn signal will melt....

Mine did within 2 blocks from my house...Idle should be fine but getting up to temp and blowing 5k rpmz worth of heat then idle....Not sure.....

I drilled right behind the tailight...Theres a nice little spot to put some aftermarkets in..

My pipe is a 06 HMF on an 09...Not the same combo....But similar spot when I roasted my signal.........

Rocco
Thanks for the info, I will look into moving them tomorrow. Someone posted pics of an aftermarket tail light with the rear fender cut straight across. Looked sweet.

Old 10-05-2008, 05:01 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by redpillar
Just got a call from the parts guys, my twin air and dj kit are in, I think I will pick up a set of renthals with a higher rise (2 ") and less sweep, any suggestions?
"Jimmy Buttons" fit the bill.
Less sweep, same width and about 2" higher. I got them in black.

Old 10-05-2008, 05:20 AM
1st Gear Member

What does Muzzy say about the blinker? If this is in fact the official "new" size then Muzzy will be paying for my aftermarket blinkers when that one melts.

Totally bogus.

Old 10-05-2008, 05:29 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Looks like plenty of clearance to me. Blinkers on my KTM only melted after adding an aftermarket pipe which put the exhaust flow directly onto the blinker. As long as it is out of the direct flow, it should be OK.

Old 10-05-2008, 05:58 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nobrakes
Looks like plenty of clearance to me. Blinkers on my KTM only melted after adding an aftermarket pipe which put the exhaust flow directly onto the blinker. As long as it is out of the direct flow, it should be OK.
Good point. Maybe it will be OK. I am sure Muzzy tested this. Well, one would hope.

Old 10-05-2008, 06:04 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by WestOzKLX
"Jimmy Buttons" fit the bill.
Less sweep, same width and about 2" higher. I got them in black.
Sounds just about perfect, those stock bars make me feel hunched over when standing and I am only 5' 8". I will look for some this week.

Quick Reply: The Great Humungous