GPS set ups?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 10:04 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: GPS set ups?

I want a cool bar pad, but I don't know which one will fit with the Garmin and that stupid brake line bracket.[&:]

Old 03-28-2008, 10:42 PM
1st Gear Member

wow! you guys have some pretty rad set ups... deej i wanna see some wheeli vids with that thing, i know you got a few on there! hehe, hey deej will your maps work on my garmin emap???? ehh? eh? i'd pay a small fee even. i'm sure you paid a pretty penny for them as well. the camera set up will probably be my next gadget to go on the bike, it would definetly be fun to watch some of the rides i've been on.

Old 03-28-2008, 10:44 PM
1st Gear Member

oh and one other thing, whos is waterproof? mines lacking in the H2O department... gotta be really carefull

Old 03-28-2008, 10:57 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

My GPS is supposed to be pretty water proof, and the Olympus camera is water/shock/freeze/crush proof I sure hope I don't have to test it out. But it's actually made to go up to 35 ft under water and takes pictures. So I figured it would probably be good for the KLX. Oh and on the Garmin Software, I got a cough..... free..... cough copy from my IT guy in Seattle. I could always shoot you a copy. PM me. well talk. Its 4 gigs so it has to be mailed as a cd. But we never had this conversation and I was never here.

Old 03-29-2008, 01:01 PM
1st Gear Member

Nice set up.
Off topic though, what brand are the shorty levers on your ride? Price? Who supplies?
ORIGINAL: pie4foou

so after my last excursion out into the wilderness i found my self lost at about 30 or so miles into the ride, so later that night i decided to bust out the old out dated Garmin Emap GPS and see if she's still kickin. Yeap. Shows all the main roads, highways, and routes. It also keeps a memory of everywhere you've been by making small "tracks" across the map. I ordered a GPS handlbar mount for about $11.00 (shipping included) from the Garmin web site. Theres just one catch so far.... it seems as if it was dropped at some point. It tracks me being next to the road i'm actually on. the tracks that it shows me going on are true and correct. but its not aligned with where i really am on the map. off about a 1/4 mile. Guess thats why my dad just let me have it Called up garmin and asked if there was anything they could do, they sent me a free cable to connect it to the computer (the same one i saw listed on their site for over $20) so i can update the maps on it and possiably fix the mis tracking problem its having. I'm just waiting on some tech support, and i should have this thing back in working order hopefully.

anyone else have an Emap? any other similar problems?

lost in the woods once again

Not any more!!!

haha, i just noticed my licence plate is all bent up and in from getting sucked in by the tire... good little knobys... i now know that your working to grab EVERYTHING!
I'll be making some sort of bracket for that today... that one thats on there is only thin aluminum. probably just flexed on a landing and got sucked in.

Old 03-29-2008, 02:55 PM
1st Gear Member

Garmin GPS-V mounted with Garmin large diameter bar mount and hard-wired.

Name:  GPS.jpg
Views: 1389
Size:  101.7 KB

Name:  GPS2.jpg
Views: 1386
Size:  101.5 KB

Name:  GPS1.jpg
Views: 1390
Size:  74.4 KB

Name:  KLX.jpg
Views: 1387
Size:  116.8 KB

Old 03-29-2008, 03:13 PM
jb7
1st Gear Member

Hey, ZX100F1, I don't want to hijack this gps thread, but what brand/size tires are those on your bike?

jb7

Old 03-29-2008, 03:40 PM
1st Gear Member

The levers that i have are just stockers that i cut and grinded smooth. there my favorites so far... when i break another one i might just get stockers and do the same thing again.

Old 03-29-2008, 05:31 PM
1st Gear Member

The tires are stock sized IRC GP110, they are en excellent 50/50 tire, very long wearing and they make the bike much more stable at highway speeds, not the best mud tire and so so in the sand.

A little trivia:
Below is a shot of my GPS, the speed is actual and I am not in an airplane, what was I doing when I took this shot?

Name:  Shinkansen1.jpg
Views: 1436
Size:  48.8 KB

Old 03-29-2008, 05:33 PM
1st Gear Member

Yeah, That big tube under the handle bar on deej's bike. Is that for extra batteries or something else?

Quick Reply: GPS set ups?