got out a little today

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 11:09 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member
Default got out a little today

Unlike some of you lucky bastards, I have no majestic vistas to visit where I'm at here in central NC unless you count the clear cut with the nuclear plant cooling tower in the background ...

Hit some sweet jumps, though :

Yeah, that thing is fun.

Here's a short clip of me just messing around popping the front end - this is with the 331cc and Keihin FCR pumper carb. Note that I'm really just learning how to wheelie so I can't ride it out. I just pop the front and set it back down, but there's no clutch involved here and as you can see I'm not pulling up hard or anything - this is all from the bike, no help from me.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...33849815697658

Old 11-05-2006, 11:17 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: got out a little today

I like the sound, and also the blinking brake light. Looks like the wheelies are easy to come by now.

Old 11-05-2006, 11:26 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deej

I like the sound, and also the blinking brake light. Looks like the wheelies are easy to come by now.
That's the Muzzy w/quiet core.

It's real easy to lift the front end now - just need to learn how to balance it out and ride it ... preferably without crashing a dozen times in the prodess.

Old 11-05-2006, 11:43 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Yea crashing, not as good as advertised,.....or so I've heard.

Old 11-06-2006, 12:44 AM

Nobrakes,

The quick response of your bike is almost criminal! Or maybe it's making me think of doing something criminal to get mine like that!

I'm working on getting the Mikuni TM33 all set up for the KLX250. Hope to find out more this week.

The HMF slip on is on it's way, along with the USC skidplate.

Once I have the carb on and dialed in, then it's time for a call to Web Cams.

Eventually my 249 cc machine will be like your "Big Block" one!

Old 11-06-2006, 01:24 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

I hope that Mikuni works out and you are able to get it. From what I've heard it doesn't have the fitment issues that the FCR has, i.e., you don't have to do anything to the Mikuni to make it fit like Jerry had to with the FCR. If fitting is like on the KLX300, though, you might need to trim down the upper engine mount just a spec so the Mikuni fits. See here:

http://www.planetklx.com/techtips/pumper-33.shtml

I can't wait to hear your report after you get it dialed in. My fun factor has probably doubled after the last two upgrades.

I never got the e-mail on the special skid plate code ... I feel left out

Old 11-06-2006, 01:37 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Oh, I forgot to mention - today was the first day I've ever ridden with ear plugs. I took them off when off road because I like to hear the bike, but on the highway - wow - what peaceful bliss that was with virtually no wind noise from inside the helmet and I could hear the bike just well enough to know what it was doing. I could see those being great especially on the longer rides. My ear plugs will find a nice home in my tank bag so they are always handy.

Old 11-06-2006, 02:40 AM

I normally carry two pair of ear plugs. One that plays music, the other does not.

Lately, when I'm ocmmuting, I like to listen to music. I bought a pair of Koss earphones. They are noise reduction earphones that actually fit in the ear like ear plugs.

I found them on Buy.com for $10.94. I have a 1 GB MP3 player (about $35) and it have my own kick butt stereo system to help me get through those long hauls.

Just thought you would like to know.

Old 11-06-2006, 03:07 AM

nice! your tank bag is sweet. it's a wolfman?? what model is it? thanks!keith

Old 11-06-2006, 03:21 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

It's the Wolfman Enduro - I got the idea from Ginsu4u after seeing his and I love it. I liked the quality so much, I sprung for one of their rear fender tool bags, you can see it in the photos as well. It has a 4-bolt base that connects to the rear fender and the bag itself velcros onto that to keep it from shifting and a pair of compression straps hold everything tight without the tools rattling. It's nice and roomy, too. Both bags are quick and easy to remove.

I need you to teach me how to ride out those wheelies, Keith. At the balance point I get that same feeling as when you are leaning back in a chair and it just starts to teeter backwards ... [sm=jawdrop.gif]

It seems like 2nd gear might actually be a little easier to control, though, is that right?

Quick Reply: got out a little today