Got my license today....finally.

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 01:38 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

I took my license skills test a month after having the klx... passed with flying colors... the instructor actually told me i could make a lot of money renting the klx out for people to take their test on... lol...

Old 08-13-2009, 03:36 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Speaking of getting your license, I found my thread from where I got mine....again!

https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum...ght=endorsment

Old 08-13-2009, 04:46 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by EMS_0525
I took my license skills test a month after having the klx... passed with flying colors... the instructor actually told me i could make a lot of money renting the klx out for people to take their test on... lol...
As I often tell Finger Mullet,.........up yours. Have a nice day.

Old 08-13-2009, 05:05 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

What? Am I missing something? What just happened?

Old 08-13-2009, 07:58 PM
1st Gear Member

congrads dude. i only got my m class little over a year ago, but i had to take a msf class cus i was just 20 (at 21 you just test, but the class waves the test and lowers insurance). the dmv test are pure bull****, i talked to one msf instuctor and he said there are that way cus people who dont even ride write the test. makes sence to me, i would have gotten more right that way. its a good feeling now if you get stopped by a cop at night, you clean and clear.

Old 08-13-2009, 08:14 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by deej
What? Am I missing something? What just happened?
EMS said he passed his test easily, Jasons thread is about how he had trouble with the test. So he told EMS "up yours", the friendly version of "up yours".

I got my lic. it 1988, book test then the ride course test. It was pretty straight forward back then.
I have noticed ads on craigslist offering to rent out a small 250cc street bike for the test.

Last edited by dan888; 08-14-2009 at 01:57 AM.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:31 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by EMS_0525
I had two guys jokingly offer $20 bucks so they didn't have to use their enormous cruisers for the test. One guy laid his Softail down just pulling up to the start line. Needless to say his score. The 2 nice older fellas who offered the $20 did OK but barely passed.

Old 08-13-2009, 08:53 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by dan888
EMS said he passed his test easily, Jason thread is about how he had trouble withthe test. So he told EMS "up yours", the friendly version of "up yours".

I got my lic. it 1988, book test then the ride course test. It was pretty straight forward back then.
I have noticed ads on craigslist offering to rent out a small 250cc street bike for the test.

HAHA...spot on, spot on.

Old 08-13-2009, 10:00 PM
1st Gear Member

Yeah, times have sure changed. I got my first MC endorsement in '79 in MD. The written test was no biggie if you just glanced through the booklet DMV gave out. Pass the test, get your temporary permit (day only accompanied by a licensed rider) then come back for the riding skills test. Seems to me it was a little easier then but maybe it's because I was 22 and knew my XL250S like the back of my hand.

Moved to Florida in '81 and didn't even think of getting the MC license transferred. Probably would have cost a whopping 5 bucks. But as I wasn't planning to ride anymore didn't see the need for it. Mistake.

Bought my KLX early May of last year. Just as Florida was changing licensing regs. After June 30 '08 MC safety classes became a requirement so I decided to get hopping and beat the deadline. Got the booklet from the FL DMV and remember that it seemed a lot fatter than the one I used the first time. Most of the material made sense but wouldn't be what I'd call common sense, except for a few things I learned by rote riding in the dirt, like never taking on a tree laying across a trail at anything other than a 90 degree angle. Proper spacing riding in echelon formation with multiple bikes on the street? Gimme a break. Still, the test didn't seem that hard.

The riding skills portion was pretty much as everyone else here has described it. U turns, cones, yada yada. Really, not difficult stuff for the KLX. Unless you've got a glum faced DMV employee with a stop watch looking on along with some other folks waiting to take the test. That ratchets up the pucker factor a bit.

Was the most surprised by the panic stop. IMO the KLX has pretty decent brakes but that wimpy front spring almost bit me in the butt. Oh, I hauled her down pretty quick but that nose dive was an eye opener. Next mod will be the MotionPro 44's.

There was a 20 something cutie on a 50cc scooter that took the test right after me. Looked to me like she butchered it pretty good - and still passed. Go figure.

Old 08-14-2009, 01:01 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Sorry about your luck.

Quick Reply: Got my license today....finally.