got bored, went to home depot

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 09:28 PM
1st Gear Member
Default got bored, went to home depot

just thought i would give this a try, and after 100 miles and lots of idling no problems. picked up some clear tubing and now you can see that the bike actually has green blood, reminds me of frankenstein or something lol. goes great with the green bike. and i guess they make red antifreeze to which would look sweet on a red bike. dont try this at home, im only experimenting. no leaks and no melting so it seems to be holding up nicely, i didnt toss out the stock hoses tho.

[IMG]local://upfiles/8945/3E46F2DDA7DB4D4ABBA7C7A6DF51C9BF.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-08-2008, 09:32 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: got bored, went to home depot

Cool, but I think I would carry the old ones with me for a while especially if you are going to be far from home. They do sell clear kits out there. Some of the race bikes are going that direction.

Old 05-08-2008, 09:33 PM
1st Gear Member

I love it man!! I'm getting some metalic green hoses soon, can't wait. I hope it holds up for you and you have no problems.
Cheers!

Old 05-08-2008, 09:35 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

looks cool man!!

Old 05-08-2008, 10:24 PM
1st Gear Member

what is that? garden hose?...I hope you got the expensive hose, the one that is rated for hot water usage as the regular garden hoses are not...I bet that hose will split if you rode steady for a day, especially if you let the bike get hot. It looks pretty cool though, just don't trust it.

Old 05-09-2008, 01:05 AM
1st Gear Member

Looks too cool...+1 for personalization

Old 05-09-2008, 04:09 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mudjunkie

what is that? garden hose?...I hope you got the expensive hose, the one that is rated for hot water usage as the regular garden hoses are not...I bet that hose will split if you rode steady for a day, especially if you let the bike get hot. It looks pretty cool though, just don't trust it.
My bet is it will hold-up just fine.

It's looks like the same hose that a lot of people over here are using to add some bling to their engine area. There are plenty of fibers funning though it for re-enforcement. I'm using some of the same stuff right now from my breather hose, but am too stingy to replace my rad hoses until they are due for it[8D].

Old 05-09-2008, 05:10 AM
1st Gear Member

yeah i wasnt too concerned about the hose bursting or breaking as the psi going thru the hoses is acually pretty low even at high rpms, i was more concerned with melting but i cant get it to melt but i also cantmy engine hot enough to where the fan kicks in so i can really know but ive only had my fan kick in twice and that was mid summer long uphill trail at about 5 mph. anyway, like i said i was just bored but so far so good, usually my ideas dont work so im really surprised that this did.one more pic.keepin the world a "greener" place lol.

[IMG]local://upfiles/8945/2BC8D1C31E39434399254D14026E7392.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-09-2008, 02:14 PM
1st Gear Member

looks like you've got some twists and kinks in it tht could restrict flow a bit.

Old 05-09-2008, 04:58 PM
1st Gear Member

Idle it upto about 2000 and let it sitrunning for about 5 minutes after a ride..the fan will kick on. Even better if in a garage away from wind. Id' definitely test the hose with this method before trusting it very far from home. My bike gets much hotter sitting still than it does moving.

Quick Reply: got bored, went to home depot