got the 45T sprocket and chain installed

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 10:44 PM
JB1
1st Gear Member
Default got the 45T sprocket and chain installed

I installed my new renthal chain and 45T sprocket today. Just a tip for anyone doing this, all I did was remove the philips screws holding the brake actuator and the philips screws holding the brake line gaurd on the frame and removed the 8mm bolt holding the master cylinder to the frame. This enabled enough slack so after I loosened the axle nuts and removed the pins the entire wheel and brake assembly cam off in one piece and the actuator pivots on the brake pedal.This allowed clearance to install the new sprocket...didnt have to touch the brake assembly at all. Then just bolted on the new sprocket, put the wheel in place and slid in the swingarm axle pins to hold it on. Then installed the chain and tightened everything up...piece of cake.

Old 02-19-2007, 12:14 AM
Default RE: got the 45T sprocket and chain installed

How many links did you have on the new chain? Did you put a 13T front sprocket also? Thanks Reno.

Old 02-19-2007, 01:45 AM

Good job, JB1. You will like the 45T.

Old 02-19-2007, 01:58 AM
JB1
1st Gear Member

No Im still running the 14T factory sprocket up front. The factory sprocket has a noise/vibration dampner on it but all the replacements dont so I wanted to keep that feature, thats why I went with just the 45T rear. I put a 520/108 link chain and it fit perfectly.

Renthal aluminum sprocket #R112B-45
http://www.rockymountainatv.com/prod...p;navType=type

Renthal 520 R3-2 Gold O-Ring Chain #R32520-108
http://www.rockymountainatv.com/prod...p;navType=type

Old 02-19-2007, 06:53 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JB1

I installed my new renthal chain and 45T sprocket today. Just a tip for anyone doing this, all I did was remove the philips screws holding the brake actuator and the philips screws holding the brake line gaurd on the frame and removed the 8mm bolt holding the master cylinder to the frame. This enabled enough slack so after I loosened the axle nuts and removed the pins the entire wheel and brake assembly cam off in one piece and the actuator pivots on the brake pedal.This allowed clearance to install the new sprocket...didnt have to touch the brake assembly at all. Then just bolted on the new sprocket, put the wheel in place and slid in the swingarm axle pins to hold it on. Then installed the chain and tightened everything up...piece of cake.
If you think that was the easy way I have some bad news for you, you don't have to do any of that stuff with the brakes the whole caliper just slides right off the back of the swingarm. There is enough stretch in the hose to do so. Trust me I have done it about 20 or so times.

Cheers

Old 02-19-2007, 02:31 PM
1st Gear Member

No Im still running the 14T factory sprocket up front. The factory sprocket has a noise/vibration dampner on it but all the replacements dont so I wanted to keep that feature,
I'm running a 13 front without it and I don't notice any noise/vibration compared to stock. I'll probably be going to at least a 45 on the rear as well, maybe even 46 or 47.

Old 02-19-2007, 04:09 PM
JB1
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TeamKLX250

If you think that was the easy way I have some bad news for you, you don't have to do any of that stuff with the brakes the whole caliper just slides right off the back of the swingarm. There is enough stretch in the hose to do so. Trust me I have done it about 20 or so times.

Cheers
uhhhhh....no...thats what I did too, maybe I just didnt explain it so well...lol

I just removed thebrake lineoff the frame to give more slack which was 4 philips screws and an 8mm.....took all of 1-1/2 minutes. I didnt touch the rear brake assembly at all.

Old 02-20-2007, 12:46 AM

Thanks for the response. Does the bike pull wheelies now?

Quick Reply: got the 45T sprocket and chain installed