Good shock?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2022, 01:40 AM
MXM
1st Gear Member
Default Good shock?

I don't know the brand of this shock. Keng in Thailand is selling them. He said it's for approx 120kg rider

Thinking of getting it and some front springs +
330 bore kit if anyone has anything to add.

​​

Old 11-06-2022, 10:30 AM
1st Gear Member

Don't know where you are located, but the fact is you can have the OEM shock revalved to make it well suited for you and your use. I think it costs a couple hundred dollars at places like Race Tech. That was one of the plusses on a KLX versus some other lower priced dual sports, fully adjustable and revalveable rear shock.

If you live somewhere else you'll have to see if there are places for shock service.

Old 11-06-2022, 08:30 PM
1st Gear Member

#2 for Racetech recommendation. Stock hardware is a great piece when re-valved. Plus, it can always be tweaked.

Old 11-07-2022, 02:33 PM
MXM
1st Gear Member

Guys I've already talked to Race tech. They didn't want to give be the time if e day because I live in Vietnam.

Old 11-07-2022, 04:27 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by MXM
Guys I've already talked to Race tech. They didn't want to give be the time if e day because I live in Vietnam.
That is a shame.
It may be worth a try then.

Old 11-07-2022, 10:02 PM
1st Gear Member

I didn't know where you were located. That's why it's not a bad thing to at least put your country of residence so people can make recommendations. Knowing where you are I'd say do some checking to see if there is anyone there who can do such work. It very likely will not be easy though. If you knew someone in the U.S, well enough you could have them get the work then ship to you, but I'm betting it would be less costly to buy that other shock. So I'd say go for it.

Old 11-07-2022, 10:22 PM
1st Gear Member

From most comments, the shock isn't that bad on the KLX, the problem is the front forks, it needs valve work. I'd try and order the gold valves from Racetech and see if they will ship them to you. Then have someone local do the work. Then get springs for your wt, which is ?

Old 11-18-2022, 06:46 AM
MXM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by durielk
From most comments, the shock isn't that bad on the KLX, the problem is the front forks, it needs valve work. I'd try and order the gold valves from Racetech and see if they will ship them to you. Then have someone local do the work. Then get springs for your wt, which is ?
120kg +10kg riding gear.

I have someone who can do the mechanical work.

Communicating with the guys in Thailand isn't easy.

Old 12-29-2022, 11:04 PM
1st Gear Member

MXM, I have a Kustom Kraft 330 cc big bore kit for sale $500 USD + shipping to Vietnam. I tried to install it on my 2018 fuel injected bike but I could not get it to run properly. It has 400 miles on it and is complete with cylinder and piston, you would need to buy base and head gaskets. If you have a carburetor on your bike this is a great deal- half price.

freekdaddy

Old 12-29-2022, 11:48 PM
MXM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by freakdaddy
MXM, I have a Kustom Kraft 330 cc big bore kit for sale $500 USD + shipping to Vietnam. I tried to install it on my 2018 fuel injected bike but I could not get it to run properly. It has 400 miles on it and is complete with cylinder and piston, you would need to buy base and head gaskets. If you have a carburetor on your bike this is a great deal- half price.

freekdaddy

Thanks mate. I also have a 2018. Already have my kit and mechanic is fitting it at present 👍

Quick Reply: Good shock?