Good bike cleaner

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 10:20 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Good bike cleaner

No problem man, I just didn't want anyone to get offended. I mean if someone on here is gonna get offended let it be because they are mad they didn't buy the Muzzy pipe.[8D]

Old 08-24-2007, 11:07 PM
1st Gear Member

lol

Old 08-25-2007, 10:35 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

K you guys gotta go buy some motorsport wash, i stopped at a dealer yesterday and bought what the guy reccommend was the best wash, it was actually suzuki wash...lol.... but man did it work good, even got the mud spots off all the electrical wires and stuff.... worked great.... simple green can do that.... they also had a powerwash 100.. made by simple green..... but that stuff i got works great. im gonna try it over my father in laws with his electric pressure washer.

Old 02-03-2008, 08:17 PM
1st Gear Member

I'm adding to the list.

I've heard Simple Green works really great. Went to Wal-Mart and bought a gallon. Mixed it 50/50 and just sprayed the whole frame and engine. Let it sit for 5minutes then hosed off. Iwas really surprized by how much dirt, greese, oil it removed just by spraying & hosing off. I definitely highly recommend this product, Simple Green. I'll be using it more often on the KLX for now on.

Old 02-04-2008, 04:11 AM
1st Gear Member

+1 on the simple green, It also comes in simple green max and a bottle brush or toothbrush works great to get that greasy stuff off around the chain sliders, etc...just make sure it isn't your wife's toothbrush ooops. everyone makes mistakes though. I also like to spray down the carb and engine and side covers with WD40 or a spray lubricant afterwards to keep away the rusties, but start the bike afterwards to burn any off the exhaust that may have gotten on it..it'll smoke a little and smell funny, but I don't think it hurts the bike any.

Old 02-04-2008, 11:12 AM
1st Gear Member

I use a foaming furniture polish (think Pledge) on the plastics every now and again and they get very slick. After getting muddy just a dry wipe will clean them back to post washed condition, avoid getting it on the seat though....unless you like flying off the damn thing. As for the rest of the bike, there's some mud stains that just won't come off, I may have to get some better cleaner than the car wash.

Old 03-07-2008, 04:33 AM
1st Gear Member

i work at a kawasaki shop and use tide for cold water. we have 15 race bikes that race in clay. 50/50 in bottle. sprayon and rinse off all dist gone. the dry and use silicone spray to make the bike look brand new. pro teams replace there plastics and rebuild there bikes after every event. thats why they look so clean.

Old 03-07-2008, 10:25 AM
1st Gear Member

you'd be supprised how well a squirt of wd40 takes off dirt... better then all my car cleaning soaps. just leaves everything... well. lubed. haha not sure if thats a good thing or not...

Old 03-07-2008, 10:42 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

yea i have herd wd40 and tide... havent tried either of them.... I have herd that alot of people use wd40 to clean thier chain then use normal lube to lube it after using wd40 to clean it....

Old 03-07-2008, 11:23 AM
1st Gear Member

WD40 is a killer chain cleaner, and it frees it up too by getting rid of crud you can't get to with just a brush. It also keeps it from rusting when riding in the snow. I do use a regular chain lube too but this fall/winter I've not used it, been using WD40 only.

Quick Reply: Good bike cleaner