goggles

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 04:19 PM
1st Gear Member
Default goggles

What's everyone wearing for goggles these days? I had been wearing just sunglasses which were fine for around town, but at speed the wind really bothered my eyes (I wear contacts) and they just didn't offera level of protection I was totally comfortable with on dirt. Even small bugs and stones hurt at 45-50 mph.

Last night I was hanging out with a friend who works for Burton (snowboards) and he kicked me a pair of these anon goggles. WOW! What a difference. Wind is no longer an issue. Peripheral vision is cut a little bit, but these are designed to wear with a snowboarding helmet so they have about as wide a view as possible and they fit perfectly. Plus, they have a sweet mirrored lensthatisn'ttoo dark when it's cloudy and the light is flat, and they look pretty cool too. I wish I'd bought an all white helmet for the complete 'Stormtrooper' look.

Anyway, if you can't find MX goggles that fit all your needs I recommend checking out a snowboard shop. I guess ski goggles might work too, but skiing is kinda lame,like riding a moped or a scooter.

Name:  P1000085.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  77.9 KB

Old 07-01-2007, 04:34 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: goggles

Thats why i snowboard in the winter not a bad pair of lookin googles, I do like they way they carve back though for more peripheral vision.

Old 07-01-2007, 04:53 PM
1st Gear Member

would they hold in more heat?

i wear glasses...so im kinda limited to what goggles i can get. wonder if those would fit over? or i suppose i could just go no glasses when i go offroad

Old 07-01-2007, 05:40 PM
1st Gear Member

I just tried them on with my glasses and they actually fit okay, but my frames are pretty small. That said, I'm not a big fan ofwearingglasses under goggles. When I'm snowboarding I often have a problem with my goggles fogging, and wearing glasses just adds to that. Iusually wearmy contacts for any outdoors activity, but in a pinch I think these will work with glasses.

As for heat, they are warmer than just sunglasses, but nothing like a full face helmet. Once you get moving it's not an issue.

Old 07-01-2007, 05:46 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Here's what I wear. I don't wear glasses while riding, I only wear them at night if my eyes are tired. Its funny really, I ended up getting the Scott tear off goggles and a pack of tear offs, and yet I haven't used them yet.

Old 07-01-2007, 05:54 PM
1st Gear Member

yea well i dont have contacts to put in...lol.

i might have to check those out...and my comment about heat, i was saying would it make your face/eyes sweat more than mx goggles.

Old 07-01-2007, 05:56 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

double post...grrrrr

Old 07-01-2007, 06:07 PM
1st Gear Member

Nice deej. I like the way they fit right down into the contour of the helmet. Mine still leave a bit of a gap. Time will tell if that's something that bother'sme or not. The goggles were free, so I won't feel bad replacing them if it does.

Old 07-01-2007, 06:36 PM
1st Gear Member

i feel a forum group "buy" on these goggles through your friend...lol

Old 07-01-2007, 06:51 PM

I have always liked my beer goggles the best. When stones hit me at 55 it does not even hurt. Except for in the morning. I even wear them when I am not riding. Everything looks better, even my girlfriend. I sometimes even wear them when I am doing stunts. Its all good.

Quick Reply: goggles