Gloves?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 07:43 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Gloves?

I've tried several pairs of gloves from neoprene hunting gloves to mechanic gloves to avgsport riding gloves. I have a hard time getting comfortable with the loss of contact or sometimes too much bulk. So far the avgsport riding gloves are the worst. I think the neoprene gloves were best but still a tad thick skinned.

Anybody here got any ideas or preferances?

Old 01-16-2009, 07:53 AM
1st Gear Member

You just have to get used to them, bro. The thickness is there to prevent your hand from becoming a bloody stub!

I have some A*'s gauntlet leather racing gloves I use for hardcore street riding, but normally I ride with neoprene AXO's since they're more comfortable and practical. The smart thing to do would be to always wear the more protective pair, but I choose my fate, no one else.

Old 01-16-2009, 07:57 AM
1st Gear Member

Here's the first pair of gloves I ever bought.

http://www.alpinestars.com/SMX2_A_C_.../p/356775.html

They're VERY comfortable, light, and have knuckle protection.

They're long-gone now, though. I took a spill in a canyon 6 months ago and the palm on one of them tore off completely. Somehow my hand was 100% intact. I got very lucky that day!

Old 01-16-2009, 08:01 AM
1st Gear Member

I guess there are always trade offs. I've had my glove catch the throttle before when coming into a turn resulting in a few "tense moments" but I guess if I had dumped it I would have had my gloves on to protect my hands. L.O.L..

Old 01-16-2009, 08:13 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by horizonod
I guess there are always trade offs. I've had my glove catch the throttle before when coming into a turn resulting in a few "tense moments" but I guess if I had dumped it I would have had my gloves on to protect my hands. L.O.L..
Yeah, brotha, that's life. Can't always have the best of both worlds.

Anyways, definitely look into those gloves I linked you to. They are a bit pricey, but I think they're exactly what you're looking for. Try finding a local shop that carries them and try them on.

Old 01-16-2009, 09:03 AM
1st Gear Member

Currently I have 2 pairs of Fox Dirtpaw MX gloves which I use off road and often around town. Mine are an older version than this picture

They are nice and thin and give great feel while still providing protection.

When it's cold I use a set of Thinsulate Black Ice gloves with knuckle protection. These are a bit thick and I need to wear them more to get them supple.

The ultimate Winter glove equiped with both Thinsulate for warmth and Hipora breatable waterproof lining to keep you dry.

Carbon Knuckle protectors

Padded and elastersized finger knucle sections

Adjustable wrist strap

Carbonised wear panel on palm

Reinforced thumb gusset panel

Adjustable Cuff flap.

Sizes : S - XXXL

Last edited by MaverickAus; 01-16-2009 at 09:08 AM.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:04 AM
1st Gear Member

Mav,

You must give a link to those Black Ice gloves, I can't find them anywhere. Those look like what I have been looking for when I ride to work and it's below 0 every morning.

Old 01-16-2009, 11:34 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

I got a pair of these gloves because they were cheap (and I was tired of being cold), but they turned out to be great winter gloves...

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...-I-Gloves.aspx

I've ridden in 30 degree weather and my hands were very warm. There is only thin padding in the palm/finger bottoms so that they won't bunch, and so that heated grips work better. Even so, they are still warm. The only downside for some is that they have no armor, just leather in the palms. For less than $20 though, they are a hell of a deal.

Old 01-16-2009, 04:24 PM
1st Gear Member

heres what I wear

Old 01-17-2009, 01:28 AM
1st Gear Member

Gloves are a very personal choice. When I go to the races and there are a lot of vendors with gloves i spend a lot of time trying this kind of stuff on especailly gloves. In the end you will find a maker who cuts there gloves to your hand shape and you will seek them out. For my street bike I wear Dainese and Alpine star stuff for the dirt bike I like FOX and Thor!

Dennis

Quick Reply: Gloves?