Getting a new bike!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 05:26 AM
1st Gear Member

Yeah and it's been at the guys shop for 4 years only ridden down the street once a month and serviced because the owner has been fighting cancer the odometer says it only has 1,6xx miles now the guy has medical bills up the *** so he told me $3,000 cash and its mine along with a 6 gallon jug 2 full sets of gear including helmets and camelbacks, an aluminum work stand made for the bike and a 6' aluminum ramp....now I just have to find the money the good thing is its not posted for sale or anything

Old 11-12-2008, 05:28 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by WestOzKLX
Husaberg's are legendary. When KTM wanted to improve it's 4 stroke dirt bikes a few years ago what did they do? They went and bought Husaberg. The best 4 stroke off road bike producer at the time bar none. This is where your modern KTM thumper has come from in the past 10 years. Fear not in the maintenance stakes, it's still owned by KTM so spares and back up is as good as the big 4. And BTW IG, people in the know, know these bikes last. KTM wanted the best 10 years ago, look what they got and look where it's put them now. Husaberg still one of the top thumpers you can buy, new or old.
Truly a symbiotic, mutually beneficial relationship if there ever was one. KTM greatly benefitted by 'berg engineering and Husaberg greatly benefitted by KTMs money. Win win.

Someone on KTM Talk posted their "spy cam" photos of their factory tour at KTM and it was very cool seeing the Husaberg's and KTM's being built and assembled side by side on the same assembly lines. Just a small shop by comparison to modern Japanese bike daily quotas, I'm sure. But each part is hand fitted and assembled, and each bike dyno-tested before heading off to its new owner.

I'd have no reservations with that 'berg other than it would be way more bike than I could effectively use.

Oh, here's the spy cam tour:

http://www.southbayriders.com/forums...ad.php?t=65207

Old 11-12-2008, 08:45 AM
1st Gear Member

Nice bike! Kinda makes you wonder what an FE650 would do.

Old 11-12-2008, 01:54 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

ive owned a husqavarna before just about the same. AND yes hard to get parts for and maintenace=$$$ nice and powerfull but expensive if you crash. good luck

Old 11-12-2008, 07:37 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by hoedogg
ive owned a husqavarna before just about the same. AND yes hard to get parts for and maintenace=$$$ nice and powerfull but expensive if you crash. good luck
that's my logic as well. If I were buying a European bike, I guess it's a no brainer for a Husqvarna. Their bikes are a step above the rest in technology and they have world championships that wrap around the block. Not to mention most of their thumper enduros are street legal.

Old 11-12-2008, 11:30 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 09KLXowner
that's my logic as well. If I were buying a European bike, I guess it's a no brainer for a Husqvarna. Their bikes are a step above the rest in technology and they have world championships that wrap around the block. Not to mention most of their thumper enduros are street legal.
KTM aren't doing too badly either, 16 world titles in 2008 says a lot about the product.
As for dealerships, there are 47 in California alone.
For Husaberg there are fewer dealerships but they do have a presence in almost every state in the USA.
These bikes (Husquana, KTM, Husaberg, Sherco, TM, Gas Gas) are like cricket, you can't understand the enjoyment if you've never played. And just because everyone else in the world doesn't play doesn't mean it's a crap game.[smugg]

Old 11-13-2008, 12:38 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Finger Mullet
I would hit a palm tree on that thing.
Me too. Well maybe not a palm tree but a tree nonetheless. Too much bike for me on all the single track I ride. I'd get killed.

Old 11-13-2008, 01:13 AM
1st Gear Member

Yeah I'm thinkin about it and I didn't even ride it in the dirt but I'm pretty sure it will be a handful I'm more than likely gonna throw some street tires maybe even supermoto rims on it and just have one hell of a canyon carver and something that can actually get up and go and pass people unlike my little klx which will probably be pretty neglected as soon as those keys are in my hand

Old 11-13-2008, 03:54 AM
1st Gear Member

Everyone is talkin KTM so I had to throw this in...WOW!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQcMqwmLKfw