Georgia Klxs'

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 01:48 AM
Default Georgia Klxs'

Anybody near Atlanta out there? I know there have been a bunch of these bikes sold around here. Looking for places other than ORV trails to ride on. Anybody? Anybody?

Old 02-23-2006, 05:02 AM
Default RE: Georgia Klxs'

Picking my '06 klx up tomorrow; I live in Kennesaw and will be hitting backroads north of Cartersville mostly. I also do some camping in N. Ga area. I used to own KDX200, XR350, rode mostly off-road but now want option to hit back roads "legally".

You're in the real estate biz, eh?

Lance

Old 02-24-2006, 02:32 AM

Hey I live in Woodstock! Were do you ride? I have been looking for some good trails to ride to. I have ridden some north of lake allatoona at sweetwater road and some in Woodstock off of highway 5 but there's not much close to town. Yes, I am a Realtor. Everytime I see one of those vacant commercial lots along the road I ride a little in it. Some of them are a lot of fun. I figure if anybody asks I will tell them I am just pre-viewing the lot for a client of mine. I haven't been stopped yet so I don't know if that will work.

I know you will love the bike. I love mine. Ride it every chance I get.

Old 02-24-2006, 02:58 AM

I will be riding this Friday in case you are interested, the weather is supposed to be nice. Call me at 404-597-7850 if you want to ride. I thought about going up to Sweetwater which is about 20 min. from Woodstock up Bells Ferry.

I am still breaking mine in also. I have about 300 miles on it so I am not riding too hard yet.

Old 02-24-2006, 05:39 AM

Hey tennis man, you must have picked up the klxs that was at the cartersville dealer.
I am going to pick up my KLXs this saturday the 23 and start learing how to ride a bike all over again. Haven't ridden for a while (since 10 years of age), but I have been an avid mountain bike riding some extrem trails, but this thing weighs 225 lbs. more then I'm used to :O, hopefully I will get the hang of it pretty quick. I live in Dallas, Ga, right on the cobb, paulding line. Hopefully when I gain some experience I can hook up with a couple of you guys and we can go riding some time. Are there any fire roads around here that we can ride legally? How about the WMA in Paulding county, any one know if its legal to cruise in there, I doubt it but I really don't know? I used to go riding on some fire trails up near Allatoona pass right by the lake, those were pretty rough on a mountain bike, but I bet they would be a blast on a dirt bike. If you guys could please shoot me over an email and let me know what areas, fire roads, power lines, ect... that we can ride legally on, or perhaps some that are not exactly legal, but no one really bothers you if you ride there or not.
Damn I can't wait to pick up that bike, I always had to ride my friends since my folks were pretty strict about letting me get one when I was younger, I dont know what happened but I just recently got a burning desire to purchase a dirt bike, and well, here I am.
I really plan on taking this up to the north Georgia mountains and do alot of exploring, sight seeing, ect... an adventuring type of thing. I figured this was the best to get since I can take it off road on a path that looks promising, and then take it back on the pavement to ride down to another dirt path that looks exciting.
Glad to be here on this forum, looking forward to hearing from fellow KLXr's.

Old 02-25-2006, 09:45 AM
1st Gear Member

Welcome to all you new guys and incabiker you will love it

Old 02-25-2006, 08:02 PM

incabiker,

Please, take the MSF Basic Rider Course. It will save you a lot of grief in the long run!

Old 02-26-2006, 02:11 AM

I definatley do plan on taking one of the courses just to make sure I have everything covered, here in Georgia they are $250 but then you dont have to take the written test or the driving test, plus insurance gets helped out.
I picked her up today . OMG, talk about fun, and the freedom of it. This thing was a blast (around my neighborhood, but I put on my 1st 2 miles on it lol. Shes exactly what I need right now, considering I haven't ridden in forever, she was actually pretty intimidating when I 1st got on her, but she showed my that she could be gentle, and also be pretty powerful at the same time, this is definatley all the power I need . I dont plan on doing any of those modifications until I get more used to the bike and get the feel for her. Right now though I think I'll be perfectly happy, I understand what you guys mean about keeping her under 4,000 RPMs for the 1st what, 500 miles, how is that supposed to happen?? I can keep her their, just doesn't feel right though. ANY WAYS IM ESTATIC ABOUT MY NEW BIKE. The only funny thing is that the helmet makes me look like a martian, its huge, an xtra large, but if fits me fine. It makes me look like a little kid riding the bike, even though I weigh 200 lbs. I plan on a few more runs around the neighborhood tommorow, to get the feel of things.

Old 02-27-2006, 07:55 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

I keep reading about guys that are just now getting back into ridding after 20 years or more, it's nice to know I'm not the only one. I still think about my first bike at 14, the Hodaka 125 enduro. I wish I still had that bike, chrome fenders, and a chrome gas tank. Man I thought I was all that, LOL

deej

Old 06-06-2007, 12:45 AM
1st Gear Member

I live in Statesboro, and ride a lot around the Savannah area. I also ride at Durham Town a couple times a month. www.durhamtown.com is the website. It has around 8000 acres of trails and tracks. The trails are mostly one direction, and crealrly defined. It is an amazing place to ride. Check it out as son as you can.

Quick Reply: Georgia Klxs'