Gas Overflow Tank

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 02:18 PM
1st Gear Member

Firstly,

I cannot give you great advice as a trail rider. But my general bike know how much serve some use.

Why ride WOT? You admit you do not have the skillset to keep the bike righted often, and your falling more than you ride. To me, it seems your riding way over your head, and you will either A:Completely trash your bike, or B: cause serious harm to yourself.

Now it sounds like you've got some basic skillsets based off what others are saying, and since they have ridden with you I will base my opinion off that vaguely.

I think you should slow down, and worry more about the fundamentals, over "speed" and "cool factor". I'm a total novice off road, I accept that and ride accordingly. I ride at about 1/2 speed of what I "feel" I could do. Why? Cause my gut feelings are terrible..Tend to be overconfident, and I'm a adrenaline rider. I like to push my limits, and test myself..

But I really force myself to slow down on the dirt, I don't understand how the bike will handle if I do X, I don't understand many things so I slow down, experiment, and feel my way through learning.

So if you settle down, I'm sure your MPH will increase, your fuel ejection will reduce, and you will improve tenfold in the long run.

And..I'm done. Carry on folks!

Old 05-30-2013, 02:32 PM
TNC
1st Gear Member

I don't know where durielk is headed with his false claims about his riding skills. We've ridden together, and while neither one of is a Ryan Villapoto, he's hardly falling over all the time...or hardly at all. After an incident while we were exploring some old mine ruins near Silverton, CO last year at the RMAR rally, I kid him about being a better rider than a walker. I think he's been drinking again...but not while riding of course.

Old 05-30-2013, 06:04 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by durielk
That is the overflow out of the carb, not off the tank.
The 35mpg we are talking about is trail riding at generally WOT between corners. General trail riding/road I get a lot better.
But on the trail, where usually the bike is laided down a few times, the mileage suffers greatly... therefore the need for a catchtank would be handy.
Thanks for clarifying...

I don't take too many dirt naps, but when I do, I only see VERY LITTLE fuel on the ground... like less than 1/4 cup... even after having to wait for someone to come back and lift my bike off me.

Old 05-30-2013, 06:18 PM
1st Gear Member

This is what he needs to keep the bike on its wheels

Old 05-30-2013, 06:21 PM
1st Gear Member

Speed Kills

Name:  DSC_0246_1_.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  148.0 KB

Old 05-30-2013, 10:20 PM
1st Gear Member

Normally, even I know you should always try to go with the bike on the same side of the tree, remounting after taking the other side is not in my skill set.

If you don't fall down, your going too slow.

d

Old 05-30-2013, 10:41 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by TNC
I don't know where durielk is headed with his false claims about his riding skills. We've ridden together, and while neither one of is a Ryan Villapoto, he's hardly falling over all the time...or hardly at all. After an incident while we were exploring some old mine ruins near Silverton, CO last year at the RMAR rally, I kid him about being a better rider than a walker. I think he's been drinking again...but not while riding of course.
I got suckered...

I'm heading to the trails this weekend..I'll have some good Gopro footage..Hopefully..No random holes to the center of the earth appear in front of me this time.