gaijin bikers

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 11:56 PM
Default gaijin bikers

I know this is a little off topic. But, this was something that you would never see here"

And here is the link to where I found it: http://www.gaijinbikers.com/bigben/hroads.htm

This photo has an amazing story behind it. Big Ben and the Stinger were rolling down the road on the Sea of Japan coast early one morning when the oncoming cars started vigorously flashing their high beams at us. Sometimes cars who don't understand motorcycle customs do that to inform us that our headlights are on even though its daylight (of course we have them on purposely to make ourselves more visible to cagers). But no, that did not seem to be the case. Perhaps they were trying to warn us of a speed trap? Continuing down the road a ways, that did indeed appear to be the case. Several motorcycles ahead of us were being pulled over. We immediately lowered our speed to well below the speed limit and attempted to slip by. But to no avail. The cops pulled us over too! Why? After he signaled us to a halt, the cop barked out "Kind of early, huh? You want some breakfast and coffee?" That's right, it was no speed trap at all, but a traffic safety campaign targeting bikers and consisting of free coffee, rice, and miso soup made with locally farmed oysters. We had to hand it to Hokkaido's finest. What a great idea!

Old 06-30-2006, 01:38 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: gaijin bikers

mmmmm free food LOL

Old 06-30-2006, 04:42 AM
1st Gear Member

That's cool, maybe we should do that with some of the punk teenager's where I live. It might keep them from breaking into cars and houses. Instead of rice and coffee, we can give them a ride to Denny's.

Old 06-30-2006, 05:51 PM

Believe it or not, I HAVE ssen this here -- table, donuts, coffee, pulling people over etc.
Forgot what state -- maybe here in MD on I-95.
A safety campaign on a holiday to keep people awake on long drives back home.

Old 06-30-2006, 10:48 PM

Hokkaido . . . . . lot's of great memories there!

Hakkodate, Sapporo (city, not the beer) and other great towns up there. Not too much traffic nor crowds. Cold in the winter! Beautful scenery, great mountains and lots of partying!

Someday, I'll go back there and once enjoy the hospitality of a very friendly nation.