Fuel Screw ADJ on pumper carb

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 05:16 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Fuel Screw ADJ on pumper carb

A little while ago, I installed a pumper carb as part of the winter mod's program. The carb ran beautifully, except it was slow to return to idle. I verfied there were no leaks of any sort, but couldn't find any good way to adjust the fuel screw with the carb installed. Aftermany screwdriver modifications, sllightly burned fingers and numerous cuss words, I left the bike alone for a few days while I searched the web for something suitable.

Today, the postman brought me a late X-mas present.

The Ebay seller still had all the original packaging and attachments. I picked up this life saver for $30.00 once you add-in the shipping. Motion Pro sells this tool new for over $80.00

It's in awesome shape. Excellent working order with only a few small nicks

There are index marks on the handle, so you know how far you've turned the screw; every four lines equals 1/4 turn. There is a dentent on each reference line so you don't even have to watch the marks as you turn, or you can remove a balland spring if you'd rather not have detents.

A closer look at the bevel drive.

Yoshimura's documentation stated that theyset the screw at 2.0 turns,plus orminus 1/2 turn,before shipment. I counted the clicks until the screw seated....1.5 turns exactly.I guess they figured I wouldn't run the bike until summer? I then started the engine, let'er warm-up and played until I found the sweet spot, which was exactly 2.0 turns. She runs awesome now! No more hanging idle,which was the only glitch I had. My carb work is done. Just waiting on the new exhaust.

Old 12-30-2006, 05:29 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Fuel Screw ADJ on pumper carb

I've got the same driver... You got a smokin deal man, I paid almost retail on eBay...!!

Old 12-30-2006, 05:44 PM
1st Gear Member

Yeah, I'm beside myself[8D]I almost never have that kind of luck.[sm=icon_rock.gif] The tool sure saves a lot of heart-ache. Pulling a carb out just to tweak on a screw is not my idea of fun.My sport bike buddies will be wanting to borrow it in the spring....Should Icharge by the hour [sm=badbadbad.gif]

ORIGINAL: Kawi Wawi

I've got the same driver... You got a smokin deal man, I paid almost retail on eBay...!!

Old 12-30-2006, 06:57 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

I've never seen anythinng like that, very nice.

Old 12-31-2006, 05:13 AM
1st Gear Member

Yeah, it didn't know about them either. My dealer showed me what he used, which is some ultra expensive Kawi 'special tool'that basicallyis the same thing. That's how I got the idea to search for this one. Looks like KawiWawi beat me to the punch though[8D]

ORIGINAL: deej

I've never seen anythinng like that, very nice.