FSW-BG------------Brake Line Guard

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 06:22 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: FSW-BG------------Brake Line Guard

ORIGINAL: YYY.GUY

Yep, there's only 1 bolt holding the bracket in place. I wasconcerned about thattoo, so that's why I made sure the bracket butted up against thehex boltholding the bottom of the brake caliper. A better design would be to use both bolts to mount it, but this is the best I could do using just a piece of angle iron.

Mike

P.S. - Sorry for the delay in replying ... things at work have been boiling over and I'm in heavy duty damage control.I was released from a project last Fall (I'm too expensive for their budget), and the project started getting out of control. They called me back about 3 weeks ago, and asked me to do the 3 months of work needed to get things back on track. Dam, I hate living up to the expectations that I've createdthrough my reputation!!!

Looks like some intrest from the guys. Do you think you might be able to follow through? If not I have a couple of local fab shops that might be able to produce if there is enough intrest. I am personally going to fab from steel (for now)but think that aluminum would probably be OK. Input please!

Old 02-18-2007, 10:43 PM

I am also willing to pre-pay if someone can work out fabrication.

Old 02-18-2007, 10:52 PM
JB1
1st Gear Member

btw....is four stroke works in business anymore?

everytime I try to go to www.fourstrokeworks.com webiste it leads me to some site about heart attacks [:@]

Old 02-19-2007, 01:47 AM

They are still in business.

It was reported here that they have someone working on their website, but their business is definitely going strong. I think they have more work than they know what to do with, from the sounds of it.

I think you will need to call them directly. I don't have the number, but it is included in a previous thread.

Try searching on previous posts from tremor38. I think he was the one that included the phone number.

Old 02-19-2007, 02:00 AM
JB1
1st Gear Member

Thanks

Old 02-19-2007, 07:18 AM
1st Gear Member

For anyone who's interested, I started putting plans together so anyone could make their own brake-line guards. (I'm making these plans available free for personal, non-commercial use only!) So far, the plans cover the lower guard only, which is the easier one to make. I'll get around to adding details for the front guard ... someday, butyou guysfind this useful, I can probably be persuaded to getit done sooner.

Let me know what you think, and if there's some details about the lower guard that are not clear, I'll see what I can do to fix it up. (My appologies in advance for the drawings ... they were done in Visio, but together with the photos, they should be pretty clear.)

Anyway here you go: http://www.airconcepts.ca/KLX250S%20...e%20Guards.pdf

Gentleman, start your brazing torches!

Mike

Old 02-19-2007, 06:11 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: YYY.GUY

Anyway here you go: http://www.airconcepts.ca/KLX250S%20...e%20Guards.pdf

Gentleman, start your brazing torches!

Mike

Holy crap Mike, that's professional... I'm guessing you have an engineering background...

I ended up buying the lower one already, but can't WAIT to use your plans for the upper one to get that covered!!

Thank you, this is quality work!!!!

Old 02-19-2007, 10:35 PM

Alright, here's the deal. I am a big fan of turning wrenches and basic little fab jobs, but I don't have a brazing torch and wouldn't know what to do with it if I had one.

With that in mind, I've got $20 or a pound of premium DragonBreath beef jerky (my own USDA-certified brand - my avatar is my logo, BTW) for the first person that will make an extra set of guards and send me the spare set.

Do I have any takers?

Old 02-19-2007, 11:04 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

id be willing to pay also for someone to fab me up a set too.....