1st Gear Member
Default RE: FSW-BG------------Brake Line Guard

+1 on the prepay.

Old 02-01-2007, 07:26 PM
JB1
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: YYY.GUY

That hack job ... I mean "fab job" should be pretty easy for anyone with a hacksaw and a drill. Here's a photo of the 2nd generation model, but it takes quite a bit more effort:

I'd consider selling them if I could figure out a way to automate the manufacturing process. Suggestions are always welcome!!!

Mike
Geez...thats perfect...I want a set

Old 02-04-2007, 07:37 PM
1st Gear Member

I'll take some measurements and draw up some kind of plans. I don't if there are any fab shops around Ottawa that will do small custom jobs like this, but at least it will get the ball rolling.

For anyone doing it themselves, I used 1" x 1" steel angle iron. I wouldn't suggest using aluminum, though, even if it's easier to work with. The reason is the bottom guard is a 3rd class lever betweenit's mounting bolt and the brake mounting bolt - aluminum would buckle much more easily if the bottom of the bracket was hit by a rock, even without the holes.

Name:  FrontBrakeLineGuard1210-Lever.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  53.0 KB

And speaking of holes, itsjust for looks... I mean, "weight savings". Yeah, that's the ticket - the holes are for weight savings, which is why I won the AMA Supercross Championship yeah, ... racing against Ricky Carmichael!!! Yeah, and then after that I fell in love with the trophy girl, and now she's my wife ... Morgan Fairchild!!!

Old 02-04-2007, 07:47 PM
1st Gear Member

damn, the 2nd generation model looks sweet[:-] nice work

Old 02-04-2007, 07:56 PM
1st Gear Member

[&:]

Old 02-04-2007, 08:33 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: YYY.GUY
And speaking of holes, its just for looks ... I mean, "weight savings". Yeah, that's the ticket - the holes are for weight savings, which is why I won the AMA Supercross Championship yeah, ... racing against Ricky Carmichael!!! Yeah, and then after that I fell in love with the trophy girl, and now she's my wife ... Morgan Fairchild!!!
The younger generation may not get that, but I know exactly what the reference is ... "Yeah, that's the ticket!"

Old 02-05-2007, 09:22 PM
1st Gear Member

Thanks for putting effort into this YYY (thumbs up).

Is there only one bolt holding the bottom guard? If so my concern is the ability of the bottom guard to ward off any impact. If it gets hit from the middle back from underneath won't it foldinto the brake line? Maybe I'm not seeing something.

Thanks again.

Old 02-17-2007, 11:00 PM
1st Gear Member

Yep, there's only 1 bolt holding the bracket in place. I wasconcerned about thattoo, so that's why I made sure the bracket butted up against thehex boltholding the bottom of the brake caliper. A better design would be to use both bolts to mount it, but this is the best I could do using just a piece of angle iron.

Mike

P.S. - Sorry for the delay in replying ... things at work have been boiling over and I'm in heavy duty damage control.I was released from a project last Fall (I'm too expensive for their budget), and the project started getting out of control. They called me back about 3 weeks ago, and asked me to do the 3 months of work needed to get things back on track. Dam, I hate living up to the expectations that I've createdthrough my reputation!!!

Old 02-17-2007, 11:16 PM
JB1
1st Gear Member

I still want a set of those

Old 02-18-2007, 08:17 AM
1st Gear Member

Looks like a good job, I'd be willing to pre-pay too.

Quick Reply: FSW-BG------------Brake Line Guard