FSW-BG------------Brake Line Guard

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 03:58 AM
Default FSW-BG------------Brake Line Guard

Hi all,

FSW-BG------------Brake Line Guard

That is the line from the famous starter of all 250s things good. In the common parts thread.

I know it in theory, but is there such a part to protect the vulnerable front brake line at the bottom of the caliper? I saw someone fab up their own here that looked pretty good, but I'm no fabber ....

Thanks, and peace,

Charles

Old 10-30-2006, 04:28 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: FSW-BG------------Brake Line Guard

I'm pretty sure that this is the picture that goes with the part number you posted ... don't recall off-hand where it came from, though.

As you can see, it protects the bottom brake line as it leads into the caliper, but does nothing for protecting the front.

Mike

Old 10-30-2006, 04:46 AM
1st Gear Member

Hi Charles,
That brake line guard is available at www.fourstrokeworks.com it is listed as fitting KLX250/300 (92-04). If I remember right when I checked it out the price for the guard was $26.99 and the shipping was going to be $15.00 but then my memorys not what it used to be. Check it out.

Hope it helps

Matt

Old 10-30-2006, 05:23 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: charleshmosesii

I saw someone fab up their own here that looked pretty good, but I'm no fabber ....

Thanks, and peace,

Charles
Hi Charles,

Here's the photo that got me started - pretty simple, yet effective. If you're thinking of taking on a fabbing project, this one is a good place to start, all you need is some angle iron, a hacksaw, a drill, and some spray paint!

Mike

Old 10-30-2006, 03:04 PM

Sweet, YYY.guy. I'll be doing that right there. I have been meaning to do this, but for some reason I was overcomplicating. Very simple and effective.

Old 10-30-2006, 06:25 PM

Thanks, all. YYY has it goin' on, that is clearly the solution if one were so inclined and abled.

I think I'm quitting my day job soon and taking a few years off, in which case I'll have plenty of time to learn how to do such things. First up: LordVngr's license plate bracket fab. Second up: YYY's brake line guards. THANKS!!!!!!!! [sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 10-30-2006, 08:04 PM
1st Gear Member

Here's my first front brake line guard -- basically 3/4 of my first hack, I mean "fab" job (i.e.: angle iron, hack saw, drill ... no spray paint).

I just finished the new guard last night and I'll update the other thread with photos.

Anybody wanna give this cute little fella a new home?

Old 10-30-2006, 08:33 PM

Mike,

Are you offering your new guard to someone? If so, where do I sign? For that matter, if you are offering your old guard to someone, then I'll sign on that one as well.

Old 01-31-2007, 07:10 PM
JB1
1st Gear Member

Hey Mike...what size angle is that?....1" x 1"?

I need a project for this weekend and this looks like a great idea [sm=interesting.gif]

Old 01-31-2007, 08:16 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mmatz

Hi Charles,
That brake line guard is available at www.fourstrokeworks.com it is listed as fitting KLX250/300 (92-04). If I remember right when I checked it out the price for the guard was $26.99 and the shipping was going to be $15.00 but then my memorys not what it used to be. Check it out.

Hope it helps

Matt
15.00 for shipping?!!! thats flat out crazy.

Quick Reply: FSW-BG------------Brake Line Guard