front or rear, some highway riding

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 11:36 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: front or rear, some highway riding

ORIGINAL: ZX1100F1

My brother-in-law has a DRZ-S and I leave him behind on the highway.
ADDING FUEL TO THE FIRE

Old 01-11-2008, 05:15 AM
IG

what fire, that fire has been so extenguished it's ashes aren't even visible anymore. I've said my peace.

Old 01-11-2008, 05:20 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: IG
what fire, that fire has been so extenguished it's ashes aren't even visible anymore. I've said my peace.
Ha, Ha, did ya go to Costa Rica like I suggested .... lol......dem Howler Monkeys are fun....do ya got a smile on your face.

Old 01-11-2008, 05:25 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: gerrynolan
I Got 'em, Thanks a Ton man! Actually they are in good enough shape for me. The weird thing is that some of those white stress marks are showing up on my fenders. I wonder if its covered under the 1 year warranty? Thanks again for the guards! Keep your eyes out for the P.B.
Whoo hoo ...... I'm getting somereal southern peanut brittle.....it'll probably lastten minutes.lol.

I don't think warranty will cover white stress marks on the fenders..... mine are more beat up than the handguards I sent ya I hope we get some good aftermaket plasticoptions soon.....I want black plastic.....not paint.

Old 01-11-2008, 10:21 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Finger Mullet

ORIGINAL: gerrynolan
I Got 'em, Thanks a Ton man! Actually they are in good enough shape for me. The weird thing is that some of those white stress marks are showing up on my fenders. I wonder if its covered under the 1 year warranty? Thanks again for the guards! Keep your eyes out for the P.B.
Whoo hoo ...... I'm getting somereal southern peanut brittle.....it'll probably lastten minutes.lol.

I don't think warranty will cover white stress marks on the fenders..... mine are more beat up than the handguards I sent ya I hope we get some good aftermaket plasticoptions soon.....I want black plastic.....not paint.
I have heard great things about the Krylon Spray paint line but I just don't think it could hold up to the abuse. I love the green too. After 6 months, I still come in through the Garage just so I can look at My KLX. The brittle should be there Early this week, I got very busy this week and it just shipped. I'll PM the tracking info. Thanks again for your generosity. BTW, the plastic on the KLX is very easy to fix with a soldering pencil. Too bad I couldn't find all the pieces for my original handguard.

Old 01-12-2008, 11:54 AM
1st Gear Member

deej,

I changed my OEM CS sprocket out with the kimpex which has the shoulder but not the rubber..when I removed the OEM sprocket the rubber was all bent out of shape and was holding crud in between the sprocket and the side of the engine, so in my opinion not having the rubber is a good thing..there were only about 200km on the bike when i removed it too.

Name:  IMG_0762.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  27.5 KB

gerry..my buddy painted his side covers, etc with black krylon paint and they turned out really good, but even though he painted several light coats, the paint still chipped on the corners if bumped hard enough...but I was thinking maybe krylon sells a clear coat as well that is capatible with their plastic paints..and a couple of coats of clear over the color would give some added protection to prevent this