Free Mods questions??????

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 04:35 AM
Default Free Mods questions??????

Hi Guys

I must say this is the best site I have ever seen. I was the one that was all over Kaw to get the starting problem fixed to make a long story short Kaw denies that there is any problems and we are the only 3 people with the starting issues. I have finally given up and run it out of gas when I let it sit. It fires up every time.

I do not want to sound dumb but I am not use to all this emissions crap. I have a few questions today. I have the HMF exhaust and now have added the K&N airfilter. Before I rejet I want to do the free mods. Can somone tell me or show me what to do exactly? I am debating on weather todrill the airbox or add the small air breather which is better. I just cut the backfire screen and am confused as to what to do with the hoses going into the airbox form the motor. I see both holes and they are very small. What hole should I drill and or cap (Top or bottom) ? What do I do with the emmision hoses. I was up until midnight looking last night and for things about this. I found real good pictures on here but I am still a little confused. How does removing this stuff add power. I understand the the pipe, K&N and cutting the airfilter adding power but the emissions partis making me wonder.I havean HMF pipe,K&N filter no airbox lid and have cut the back firescreen out. I am going to rejet this weekend and am thinking of starting with a 132 main. Anyone think this is a good idea or should I start somewhere else. Thanks for all your help guys. I read just about every post daily.

Thanks Again

Old 05-09-2007, 06:55 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Free Mods questions??????

Try this thread https://www.kawasakiforums.com/m_17800/tm.htm It has a ton of information. Unfortunately the pic's are gone.

Also try this link http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...91&page=50

Old 05-09-2007, 11:34 PM
1st Gear Member

Removing the smog equipment will probably add no power to the bike. It will take a couple of ounces of weight off the bike and clean up the under tank area of hoses. It is also reported to lower head pipe temps. It may also be there to help "light" the cat conv. off sooner, which if you put the hmf on you don't have to worry about the cat anyway. The K&N breather will probably also not add any power to the bike, its advantage over drilling the airbox is your not routing used oily fumes into your clean incoming intake air.

Old 05-10-2007, 01:31 AM

Thanks Guys

I just got done doing the free mods. I just siliconed the vent tubes in the airbox and put a bolt in the smog tube.I got my jets today and I am going to get the adjustment fuel screw tommarrow and the T's for the fuel lines. I also went to autozone and ordered a k&n crank case filter to install.I am going to rejet this weekend and will let you know how it goes

Thanks

Jeff

Old 05-10-2007, 04:27 AM
1st Gear Member

Great, let us know how it runs when you are finished

Old 05-14-2007, 02:24 AM

Well I think I was fairly successfull with jetting this weekend. I am going to tweek it next weekend when I get the adjustment screw. I ended up running 140 main 2 turn out on the fuel screw. It may be a little rich but it is definatly running real good all around. I tried a 132 main but it was a too lean. I may try the 135 next weekend just to see what it does. I will let you know what I end up with

Jeff