Default RE: Free or cheap mods questions

No need to change chains with the 13t

Old 07-07-2007, 12:53 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MaverickAus

No need to change chains with the 13t
[sm=icon_ladiesman.gif]

But when you go with the 45T rear you will have to get a longer chain. You can remove 1, 2, or 3 links from the stock and it will still be too short!

Old 07-07-2007, 01:47 PM
1st Gear Member

Does anybody know the Sunstar part number for a 13t sprocket for the 2006 250S or know what other bike uses the same part in the Kawasaki line?
Thanks,
db

Found it! Its a 34113 but now I need to find where to get one

Old 07-07-2007, 10:11 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: vfrpilot
But when you go with the 45T rear you will have to get a longer chain. You can remove 1, 2, or 3 links from the stock and it will still be too short!
[sm=wtf.gif]

Old 04-21-2008, 05:50 AM

Hi new here firstly congrats on an awesome site. I recently purchased 2 X 07 KLX250H (1 for my son 1 for me) having looked around your site notice a few subtle difs between the 250s and the 250h basicly the same bike though. the bikes both have been fitted with Two brothers racing mufflers and was told at the shop that they have de-restricted the carbs. on looking at your free mods decided to take a look. the carb is running a 132 main jet and has a non adjustable needle so have orderd a 128 main and new N1TC needle from a KLX300. (I live and ride at sealevel) the fuel/air mix is already turned out 2.5 turns. the shop guys said that they pluged up some holes in the carb so more fuel gets through as part of the de-restricting process. I do however have a pipe running from the coolant hose to the carb conecting into a T connector then going through to the engine....(is the carb supplying some form of vacum and is it really needed?) I have just completed the crank breather by pluging the air cleaner hole and running new pipe above the air box and fitting breather to it......I am very keen to do the slide mod when parts arrive on wednesday but as I live in Australia (and prob bit dumb) dont understand the measurments you quote.....eg 7/64....could somone till me what that is in millimeters Im guessing very small.....they also say #34 does that mean 3.4mm?.....does any one have pix of slide being drilled so I dont stuff this up......cheers fellas

Old 04-21-2008, 08:27 AM
1st Gear Member

For slide pics,
See LINK here.
Sounds like the guys at the shop have already done your carb slide. You can check the vacuum hole on the carb slide by just removing the tank, then the carb top.
The vacuum hole can be drilled to 7/64 inch, or 3mm. I got a 7/64" bit from BIGW.
IMO the crank breather mod is a waste of time on AUS spec 'H' bikes as there is no restriction in the hose and we have a different airbox.
The plumbing coming from the rad' hose is the carb de-ice circuit. Waste of time for us over here in WA.
Make you own decision on your local climate. Note: If you leave it on it means draining the rad' every time you want to remove the carb'.
To much trouble IHMO. Took it off.
See THIS LINK.
Lastly, Good luck with the bikes, and welcome to the forum.
Australia,

ORIGINAL: dirtdemon

Hi new here firstly congrats on an awesome site. I recently purchased 2 X 07 KLX250H (1 for my son 1 for me) having looked around your site notice a few subtle difs between the 250s and the 250h basicly the same bike though. the bikes both have been fitted with Two brothers racing mufflers and was told at the shop that they have de-restricted the carbs. on looking at your free mods decided to take a look. the carb is running a 132 main jet and has a non adjustable needle so have orderd a 128 main and new N1TC needle from a KLX300. (I live and ride at sealevel) the fuel/air mix is already turned out 2.5 turns. the shop guys said that they pluged up some holes in the carb so more fuel gets through as part of the de-restricting process. I do however have a pipe running from the coolant hose to the carb conecting into a T connector then going through to the engine....(is the carb supplying some form of vacum and is it really needed?) I have just completed the crank breather by pluging the air cleaner hole and running new pipe above the air box and fitting breather to it......I am very keen to do the slide mod when parts arrive on wednesday but as I live in Australia (and prob bit dumb) dont understand the measurments you quote.....eg 7/64....could somone till me what that is in millimeters Im guessing very small.....they also say #34 does that mean 3.4mm?.....does any one have pix of slide being drilled so I dont stuff this up......cheers fellas