Found my handguards!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 03:57 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Found my handguards!

Howdy, I have been looking for some handguards that a could slap on without doing, new bars, drilling etc. I came across these last month, they are very thick stought ,fit perfect, I have fallen hard on both sides and they did not move or bust up!! I think i paid around $60 and the company was about 50 mis from me. these are damn strong!

company info. http://g2ergo.com/about.html

Attached Thumbnails Found my handguards!-hg1.jpg   Found my handguards!-hg2.jpg   Found my handguards!-hg3.jpg   Found my handguards!-h8.jpg  
Old 08-04-2010, 04:01 PM
1st Gear Member

Looks good. I see you have the Zeta levers too. I just got them, and they're one of my favorite mods. With the Zeta levers, it's much easier to install full-wrap handguards. But it sounds like yours are holding up ok if they survived some falls already.

Old 08-04-2010, 04:56 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Trouble is I don't think they will save the levers if you drop the bike. But then again it looks like your levers are short ones, so it might be fine.

Old 08-04-2010, 05:14 PM
1st Gear Member

I love forums. I was JUST searching to see what kind of bush guards I could get that wouldn't mean a lot of cutting.. Those look nice... I find that bushes HURT at speed! Ha. AND, to my surprise, riding down the right side of the trail, when a branch whacks that hand, it actually hit the front brake, and that scared the snot out of me... So, I want some protection. Ha.

I saw the wrap around kind. Anyone have pictures and perhaps basic instructions? Are the stock bars hollow at the end? I saw a $90 pair of guards that you razor blade out the rubber grips, and they go in the bar tubes... PRETTY heavy duty for trees, and 'falling over'. WHICH I have almost done several times now. Damn near wrenched my knee as I was fighting to keep it up . . .the bike that is.

Old 08-04-2010, 05:29 PM
1st Gear Member

Yes, the zeta levers work great, they are just a tad shorter than stock and are much more comfortable

Old 08-04-2010, 08:28 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by CHASROLEX69
Yes, the zeta levers work great, they are just a tad shorter than stock and are much more comfortable
...and they are an "unbreakable" design similar to ASV levers. I'm sure they can be broken, but with the pivoting lever, it sure increases the odds of keeping them intact in a get off.

Old 08-04-2010, 09:13 PM
1st Gear Member

Those look cool, nice clean look on the bike. Chances are that they won't save your levers if you drop the bike though. I don't know how hard you hit it in the dirt, so it may not be an issue. Dropping the bike on my wrap around guards has put bends in them.
Good luck , and let us know how they do.
Dan

Old 08-05-2010, 01:02 AM
1st Gear Member

Hey Dan888 the ZETA levers I have pivot both ways, so they are almost impossible to break! also, where are you in no. ill. I am in rockford area

Old 08-05-2010, 02:48 AM
1st Gear Member

I'm in Rockford too. We should meet up for a ride some time.
Dan

Old 08-05-2010, 04:26 AM
1st Gear Member

Call me old-fashioned, but, I like the fully enclosed kind...like Cycra. I even put bar-end weights on them...it's nearly impossible to break the levers with the setup I have.

Yours really look good, though!

Quick Reply: Found my handguards!