Footpeg mod

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 04:07 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Footpeg mod

Why doesn't that left peg fit right? It looks like it was made wrong. A little up angle is okay but, that looks like a lot.

Also, does this get the peg farther out from the frame so it is somewhat symmetrical about the frame and the right peg?

Old 09-30-2007, 04:27 AM

Sid, if you notice his bike is actually leaning a bit on the stand. Take a long sheet of paper and put it on the top of each peg in the photo, the pegs are kicked up about the same really. I think it's because they aren't really for our bike. They go right over the top of the stoppers and can hit the frame.

I just rode mine today with the pegs and it's definitely better than the stock. You don't really feel the kick up.

Old 10-12-2007, 06:01 AM
1st Gear Member

I think that the left one was kicked up a bit more (and not totally an optical illusion due to the bike leaning on the stand).

I took the left footpeg off tonight and I could see the wear marks between the foot peg and the mount (welded onto the frame). The wear marks showed that the footpeg wasn't riding flat onto the mount, but it was hitting the high point of the mount up on the mount.

I took a grinder and ground down the high point (of the mount)so that the peg rested flat on the mount. It seems to be not a cocked up any more.

Old 10-12-2007, 02:52 PM
1st Gear Member

That makes sense. A little bit of a bubble on a weld or grind not fully flush in the foot peg mount could cause it to be kicked up a bit.

Old 10-12-2007, 03:31 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mooredan

I think that the left one was kicked up a bit more (and not totally an optical illusion due to the bike leaning on the stand).

I took the left footpeg off tonight and I could see the wear marks between the foot peg and the mount (welded onto the frame). The wear marks showed that the footpeg wasn't riding flat onto the mount, but it was hitting the high point of the mount up on the mount.

I took a grinder and ground down the high point (of the mount)so that the peg rested flat on the mount. It seems to be not a cocked up any more.
Hmmm, that's interesting. This forum automatically edited my post by replacing a valid, non obscene (in this context),english word with asterisks. The word the got edited is spelled phoneticly: cee oh cee kay ee dee

dictionary.com's listing: (my usage is definition #3)

v. cocked, ****·ing, *****

v. tr.

[*]To set the hammer of (a firearm) in a position ready for firing.[*]To set (a device, such as a camera shutter) in a position ready for use.[*]To tilt or turn up or to one side, usually in a jaunty or alert manner: cocked an eyebrow in response to a silly question.[*]To raise in preparation to throw or hit: cocked the bat before swinging at the pitch. [/ol]

Old 10-13-2007, 12:11 AM
1st Gear Member

When I put the IMS pegs on my bike I used a bench grinder on them to match the angle of the stockers. I ground off about 1/16 of an inch on the inside. I didn't want to modify the bike itself to make it work...

If You lay a square on the frame and eye up the stockers and then put on the IMS ones there is quite a difference in angle.