Folding Mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 02:42 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by TomN
Can you see anything out of them? I can't see anything out of the stock ones, wondering if these would be better?

Dual Stars don't offer alot of visibility compared to conventional mirrors. You have to set them up and get them 'dialed in' properly to what suits you personally. You do have visibility peripherally when changing lanes but you cannot see dirctly behind you when at stop lights unless you place your bike properly in the lane. I personally place my bike to the right side or left side of a stopped vehicle at a stop light anyway. That way if you're rear ended then you won't get squished between two cars, you'll get jettisoned to one side or the other. Which is the lesser of two evils of course.

One thing that Dual Stars offer is less wind resistance on the highway that cuts down on the 'wheel wobble' which was a big problem for me personally as I drive in a 65MPH zone on a portion of my daily commute to work. A few other things they offer is they make the bike look way cool compared to the conventional mirror and they aren't succeptible to vibration as the stock mirrors are.

But most importantly, you don't have to worry about them swivelling around or breaking them off if the bike goes down. They're really well protected by the handlebars.

Mike

Old 03-24-2009, 02:51 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by punkenduro09
you really cant find dualstars anymore (trust me i just tryed to find some). msr's are the way to go.
Good point. I tried for over a month to get the Dual-Stars but they didn't offer internet ordering and all I got was an answering machine when I called them. Eventually I got through and got the mirrors though.

Mike

Name:  dual1.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  189.5 KB

Old 03-24-2009, 04:52 AM
1st Gear Member

Yeah, I kept getting an answering machine when I called the ordering number, but when I called the tech number they picked right up and took my order. Very friendly and helpfull.

I rode my friend's bike with these and they work great. I can actually see a real image without a lot of vibration. You just have to get used to looking under your arm rather than over your shoulder.

Look at where the stock mirrors are attached to the bike. Do you really want to risk ruining your clutch perch or front brake reservior when you take a spill?

These mirrors are so simple they are elegant. I was at Chaparral the other day and they have recently started selling similar mirrors, but made from billet aluminum for about $80.00 per mirror! The Dual Stars are only $40.00 for a pair. You cannot argue with how clean KDXMike's set-up looks!

Craig