Folding mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 10:24 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Folding mirrors

ORIGINAL: Gravy Train

I have recently done some mods on the folding mirrors. First I took off the right side since you only need one and I dont really use it.
two- i took my drumell and cut off all the way to where the folding mirrors bend. I can still see what is behind me only difference is that i am looking under my left arm instead of over it. The mirror is alot closer to the handle bar and it folds into the space between the bar and speedo much nicer..
[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Old 04-26-2006, 01:11 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Gravy Train

yeah those are the ones that I have on my bike. I have pictures of them in my photo album check them out... I love them..
Hey GravyTrain I was looking at the pixs of your bike and I noticed your hand gaurds, are they your turn signals or are they refleckters? also if they are your signals are mounted on the stock bars or aftermarket bars. Could you post some info on them and maybe some pixs of the mirrors after the mod was done? thanks.

Old 04-26-2006, 01:28 AM
1st Gear Member

Hey Mike I just got finished with mine, here is a link, and they are turn signals, and DOT approved. Look at my album, I got my idea from Gravy, thanks again Gravy.

http://www.acerbis.com/p106_handguard/1326.html

Old 04-26-2006, 04:01 PM
1st Gear Member

Thanks Deej, These are just what I was looking for. My bike fell over on the kick stand(soft sand) and the cheap factory hand gard broke right off, and I really didn't like the looks of the turn signals. I think they look great! It's like killing two birds with one stone as they say.[sm=hail.gif] Thanks again I'll be ordering some in in the next week or so.

Old 04-26-2006, 06:22 PM
1st Gear Member

okay okay... im sorry.. I will take some pictues of the mirrior as soon as i can... man you just like my wife.. so demanding all the time...

About the handgaurds deej covered everthing,,, but dont forgett if you replace them you will be good on the turn signal blink it will remain normal.. however if you go one step further and replace the rear with the flush mount like I did the blink will be fast unless you find the load resitor that alot of people are looking for. Has anyone found the resitor yet by chance??

Old 04-26-2006, 06:42 PM
1st Gear Member

Hey Gravy I think you got that backwards, the after market flush mount turns on the back are 23 amp just like the stock ones, it's the acerbis turns that are smaller and causing the fast blink......I think. All I know is that the rear ones are the same amps as the replacement ones, so I just assumed that it was the front causing the fast blink. I ordered the turn flasher that can be programed for 4 different flashes including getting the lights back to a stock flash cycle.

Old 04-26-2006, 06:50 PM
1st Gear Member

http://www.tobefast.com/detail.aspx?ID=920

This is what I ordered

Old 04-28-2006, 03:24 AM
1st Gear Member

yep your right my mistake..... yep im a geek....

Old 04-28-2006, 04:18 AM
1st Gear Member

Installed the flasher today, just plugged right in and there you go 5 different blink patterns including the slow stock one. I know repeat post, but hey I was excited, LOL

deej

Old 05-02-2006, 02:11 AM
1st Gear Member

Back to the mirrors ! Do they fold to the inside or the outside? If they fold out, do they stick out past the handlebar ends? This weekend I was just spinning them off and leaving them in the bushes til I came back outta the woods.....it is a LOT nicer without them on there.

Also, the state of MD, and I bet many others...REQUIRES 2 mirrors on a motorcycle. Only 1 on a car.....go figure........

Quick Reply: Folding mirrors