FMF Titanium 4 - LOUD!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 11:58 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by slippery750
Repack it!
How will repacking it solve the problem of the 2 inch hole straight through the middle of the muffler?

Old 09-01-2010, 06:51 PM
1st Gear Member

Maybe you could find someone with a Q4 that wants to trade. The Q4 is great. It's louder than stock (anything would be), but very quiet for an aftermarket exhaust. It has a very good tone, and it's not irritating at all, no matter how much you twist the throttle.

Old 09-01-2010, 07:40 PM
1st Gear Member
Smile

Originally Posted by Borischan
How will repacking it solve the problem of the 2 inch hole straight through the middle of the muffler?
Just do it! It will change the tone to a deeper one and will in effect make it quieter if only by a few DB. I also have my doubts on it being a 2" hole...

Check this thread out.
https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum...ad.php?t=33546

Old 09-01-2010, 11:17 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by slippery750
Just do it! It will change the tone to a deeper one and will in effect make it quieter if only by a few DB. I also have my doubts on it being a 2" hole...

Check this thread out.
https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum...ad.php?t=33546
I read that, what bothers me is this part. I'm looking for more.

I fired it up. It's quieter, not much, but probably right where it's supposed to be.

Old 09-03-2010, 09:31 PM
1st Gear Member

All of these silencers are minimally different in design. They all sound slightly different from each other with barely noticeable power differences between them. Don't know what to tell you other then do some experimentation, buy a quiet insert or put the stock one back on. Repacking frequently will keep it bareable.

Old 09-04-2010, 01:37 AM
1st Gear Member

sounds like your after the standard pipe. i think in the us the klx 300 pipe is slightly bigger than the 250 . i think that would be your meal ticket

Old 09-04-2010, 04:02 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by fgk228
sounds like your after the standard pipe. i think in the us the klx 300 pipe is slightly bigger than the 250 . i think that would be your meal ticket
Nope, I read a lot about the standard pipe being restrictive. I don't want that, nor unbearable noise. JMCA approved aftermarket mufflers comply with acceptable noise levels, so I ordered a different unit, should arrive today. I'll post some details when I get it.

Old 09-04-2010, 07:41 AM
1st Gear Member

Nope, I read a lot about the standard pipe being restrictive. I don't want that, nor unbearable noise. JMCA approved aftermarket mufflers comply with acceptable noise levels, so I ordered a different unit, should arrive today. I'll post some details when I get it.
i think you will find that the quite r the pipe the more restriction
with it being to restrictive its fine .when i went from stock to a full stain tune system which is a straight through exhaust and the difference was min maybe 2hp at the top me the rev range
depends on how
much power you are chaseing if your not after
***** to the wall the quite would be better
in other words power = loud and restriction = quite

Old 09-04-2010, 09:24 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by fgk228
i think you will find that the quite r the pipe the more restriction
with it being to restrictive its fine .when i went from stock to a full stain tune system which is a straight through exhaust and the difference was min maybe 2hp at the top me the rev range
depends on how
much power you are chaseing if your not after
***** to the wall the quite would be better
in other words power = loud and restriction = quite
Yes, thats why I don't want to go to completely stock. Thats the quietest option probably. And I have a FCR33 carb, twinair filter, so need something that flows.
Anyway, job is done. I picked up a Nojima muffler, according to their spec it should be 88db, although I have no way to measure it. And their data shows power increase over stock.

Comparison pic, muffler body is bigger.
Name:  newmuff2.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  14.8 KB

On the bike
Name:  newmuff.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  18.7 KB

All stainless, quite light weight, MUCH better regarding noise level.
Butt dyno can't detect any power difference, but after riding for a few hours today, my butt can't feel much at all This muffler is certified street legal here, the other one wasn't.
I need to move my licence plate a little, but 10 minutes or so to do the swap, happy with the result.
Now I need to find a deaf KLX rider to sell the FMF to.

Old 09-04-2010, 10:45 AM
1st Gear Member

...Maybe 20+ years ago when I started riding the noise would have been fun, but not now.
Now I need to find a deaf KLX rider to sell the FMF to.
I know somebody .... black 4 door sports sedan, 20+ years of riding, owns a loud FMF.... he sleeps in your bed too

Good choice on the silencer, couldn't have given you better advice!

Quick Reply: FMF Titanium 4 - LOUD!