FMF Powercore 4 on 2010 klx??

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 11:23 AM
1st Gear Member
Default FMF Powercore 4 on 2010 klx??

Just to let people know. I ordered the powercore 4 for my 2010 klx250s and it dosen't fit perfect. They said it was for my year and everything but there are some issues. For one I could only connect the 1 nut to the back mounting plate. The next one up twoards the front of the bike did not line up at all. And it didn't slide into the header pipe strait so there was some leaking there and I had to cover it with some welding blanket and reclamp to stop the leak. Also it hits the triangle piece of metal right behind the passenger foot peg.

Don't know if anyone else has had issues or not? I do know if I was to connect the second bolt it would angle the exhaust up to high and would probably burn my signal lights which I have read about on here before. It is on and working but it was no slip on and go.

Old 01-13-2011, 02:29 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Well that blows! I would have returned it and made them pay me all the shipping back both ways. GRRRRRRRR

Old 01-13-2011, 02:33 PM
1st Gear Member

Ya I know, wasen't too happy but was too excited about getting it and didn't want to wait to get another that most likely would be the same. It does sound awesome...I am pumped for the snow to go so I can try it out!

Old 01-13-2011, 02:37 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Well if you are going to keep it, then get it bolted up at the right angle to the head and then see what you need to do to hold the pipe in place. Leaks in the pipe are not acceptable. Maybe you could make a bracket.

Old 01-13-2011, 03:34 PM
1st Gear Member

Ya I can take a look at it and see what I can make. With the welding blanket wraped around it and clamped there dosen't seem to be anymore leaking but do you think this is insufficient? should I look at doing more or something better to use if I can't get it to line up perfect?

Old 01-13-2011, 04:07 PM
1st Gear Member

My powercore fit like that on my 09 but it didn't leak. I bent the triangle thing slightly and it went on a lot better. I remember it was almost impossible to put on with the triangle thing where it was. I left the one bolt out.

It fits a lot better with a megabomb. It lines up better and I can almost put the one bolt in lol.

Old 01-13-2011, 04:56 PM
1st Gear Member

Good to know..I will try bending that out and see if it makes it any better...I am planning on getting the megabomb too but one thing at a time lol

Old 01-13-2011, 07:22 PM
1st Gear Member

Bummer man. I have a PowerCore4 on my 2010 KLX250S and it fits pretty well (a lot better than you describe anyway) other than a slight leak at the join. Then again, I went for the 2006 KLX300 version of the pipe as the Australian KLX comes with the KLX300 header pipe.

Hope you get to resolve it. Perhaps post some pics for people to see and help. I recall when I had mine fitted WestOzKLX (I think) recommended loosening the header pipe bolts when mounting up the slip-on to ensure there is a good seal at the join.

Old 01-13-2011, 09:32 PM
1st Gear Member

I am going to take another crack at it and let ya know how I make out...I would like to post some pics but camera is broke....dogs chewed it

Old 01-13-2011, 11:06 PM
1st Gear Member

In the directions it says to bend that triangle before you even try and fit it. You have to bend it quite a bit to get it to clear but once installed it looks fine. After that it helps if you have a bolt that is a little too long to put in the rear most hole to coax it up where it belongs. Once it pops into place it fits fine without leaks, or that was how mine worked. I then put the correct bolts and all was fine.

Last edited by linkin5; 01-13-2011 at 11:56 PM. Reason: Grammer an spillin

Quick Reply: FMF Powercore 4 on 2010 klx??