First time taking the KLX offroad

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 02:24 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: First time taking the KLX offroad

I can start from a stand still at the bottom of a steep hill in 2nd, 3rd, doesn't really matter.

Old 08-14-2007, 02:30 AM
1st Gear Member

2 Months and still stock. I am still loving my KLX. I ride some muddy steep hills and so far she hasn't let me down. The Klx is great for me because I am not a seasoned veteran of trail riding. I do 90% street and I am very impressed with how well this bike handles turns. Every time I ride my KLX, I think "Man! Life is Good"

Old 08-14-2007, 02:39 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes

I can start from a stand still at the bottom of a steep hill in 2nd, 3rd, doesn't really matter.
Haha. As can I now.

Old 08-14-2007, 03:35 AM

HAWAII we need pics! Come on man take the camera next time. Glad you enjoyed your bike. Not all of up complain about the lack of power. I think it is just right!

The only thing stopping me from getting up really steep hills is traction. It is never a lack of power, I can't start from standing still in second or third gear but my bike doesn't make nearly 40 HP stock. (Nobreaks) It does have enough if it is geared correctly for off road. I too have had no problem keeping up with guys on 450's that don't know how to ride but put a good rider on one andthey will leave a KLX in the dust on any trail.They weigh in at250 pounds, have better suspension, and twice the power. I can't go as fast on one because it is way too much for me. The KLX is a perfect trail bike for what I use it for.

Old 08-14-2007, 04:36 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MaverickAus

The guys I ride with blast up hills so they don't stall, my KLX just grunts up the hills which is what I prefer. Bike has plenty of torque, esp once you lower the gearing a tooth and put decent tyres on.
Exactly man!

We were taking turns going up this pretty farking huge assed hillclimb sector, and while the two strokes fired up it at full speed, and jumped off of the top, I just sort of tractored my way all the way to the top of the hill.

ORIGINAL: EvildoerZX10R

HAWAII we need pics! Come on man take the camera next time. Glad you enjoyed your bike. Not all of up complain about the lack of power. I think it is just right!

The only thing stopping me from getting up really steep hills is traction. It is never a lack of power, I can't start from standing still in second or third gear but my bike doesn't make nearly 40 HP stock. (Nobreaks) It does have enough if it is geared correctly for off road. I too have had no problem keeping up with guys on 450's that don't know how to ride but put a good rider on one andthey will leave a KLX in the dust on any trail.They weigh in at250 pounds, have better suspension, and twice the power. I can't go as fast on one because it is way too much for me. The KLX is a perfect trail bike for what I use it for.
I know dude, I was pretty bummed too. I was so excited knowing that i'd finally have some video of the trails we run (none of my friends seem to understand what it is that makes trail riding so strenuous), but the guy with the camera couldn't get his bike started, and headed home while we were still in the trails

I know my uncle has a few pictures of me and my cousin running almost the exact same trail back when I was about 12-13. I'll ask him if he still has those.

Those would be a better bet too, I recall one day he bought a disposable camera as we were on our way to drop into the trailhead, the day after a storm came through the place.

The whole trail was absolute SLUSH!

Old 08-14-2007, 04:41 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: EvildoerZX10R

The only thing stopping me from getting up really steep hills is traction. It is never a lack of power, I can't start from standing still in second or third gear but my bike doesn't make nearly 40 HP stock. (Nobreaks) It does have enough if it is geared correctly for off road. I too have had no problem keeping up with guys on 450's that don't know how to ride but put a good rider on one and they will leave a KLX in the dust on any trail. They weigh in at 250 pounds, have better suspension, and twice the power. I can't go as fast on one because it is way too much for me. The KLX is a perfect trail bike for what I use it for.
I was just being a smartass. Actually, 2nd or 3rd on the 450 is preferred so it doesn't loop out.

I personally thought the KLX had plenty of power, especially after a few mods. It's an extremely fun bike. Hell, I just like dirt bikes. They're all great!

Old 08-14-2007, 04:44 AM
1st Gear Member

except for drz400's

Old 08-14-2007, 04:56 AM
1st Gear Member

except for drz400's
Now now, there's no such thing as a useless dirt bike. They all just have different purposes.

The YZ series are purpose bred race bikes, the KLX250s is a fix-er-up tractor bike, and the DRZ400s is a 50/50 street/dirt pig that'll pull 100 mph on the freeway.

Old 08-14-2007, 05:27 AM
1st Gear Member

I got a bite ... just from the wrong person [8D]

Old 08-14-2007, 10:06 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

except for drz400's
lol.......[sm=funnypostabove.gif]

Quick Reply: First time taking the KLX offroad