first time off road = a smile that wont go away.

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 03:21 AM
1st Gear Member
Talking

Originally Posted by JasonFMX
So where the hell were you 10 years ago when I did this?

Seriously though, if thats what helps you learn thats fine. Whatever you have to do to get over those hurdles. But in the end, later down the road...you'll see you'll be able to do whatever you want. Just this Sunday I was riding offroad. Put about 20 miles in. And I was feeling lazy and I must have broken every rule there you posted and I was perfectly fine. I was even doing some hillclimbs and my azz never left the seat. You'll learn how to handle the bike and toy with it eventually. In the meantime...have fun.
That's a good point. I'm still learning basics. I can see where I would have been fine just sitting down or whatever, but I felt way more stable and comfortable standing.

Plus it was really rocky and the 09 has a firmer seat. My cajones were taking beating!!

Old 10-28-2008, 03:53 AM
1st Gear Member

yeah, my azz really hurts from sitting so much and I have the 06 generation bike even. I find even on the rocks sitting helps keep the center of gravity low for light to moderate rocks. But like I mentioned before either here or another thread theres some places so bad I have to stand up, put the bike in neutral and put slight drag on both brakes and just eek and creep down. I mean, a snail could pass me. And going up, I have to run the bike at like 2K and its barely burbling and chugging along with my feet off the pegs actually. Good thing for Alpinestars!
________
GANG BANG VIDEO

Last edited by JasonFMX; 03-29-2011 at 08:00 AM.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:59 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by JasonFMX
Seriously though, if thats what helps you learn thats fine. Whatever you have to do to get over those hurdles. But in the end, later down the road...you'll see you'll be able to do whatever you want. Just this Sunday I was riding offroad. Put about 20 miles in. And I was feeling lazy and I must have broken every rule there you posted and I was perfectly fine. I was even doing some hillclimbs and my azz never left the seat. You'll learn how to handle the bike and toy with it eventually. In the meantime...have fun.
Ya gotta remember that everyone is at different skill levels....and has to build up to things not everyone can go out there and stand all day on the bike.... When we had our North East ride over in NJ, Jimmi told everyone to just lean back and pin the throttle on whoops.... well not everyone is at that skill level yet... so one step at a time.... just a reminder for newbies... dont go trying to ride like stewart... but take hints.

For someone so experienced in riding id figure your *** would be used to the seat.... i rode 70 miles a couple sundays ago and my *** wasnt hurting..... lol..... just messin man... I think it was all the years of a mtn bike seat ......

Last edited by EMS_0525; 10-28-2008 at 12:02 PM.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:44 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by EMS_0525
Ya gotta remember that everyone is at different skill levels....and has to build up to things not everyone can go out there and stand all day on the bike.... When we had our North East ride over in NJ, Jimmi told everyone to just lean back and pin the throttle on whoops.... well not everyone is at that skill level yet... so one step at a time.... just a reminder for newbies... dont go trying to ride like stewart... but take hints.

For someone so experienced in riding id figure your *** would be used to the seat.... i rode 70 miles a couple sundays ago and my *** wasnt hurting..... lol..... just messin man... I think it was all the years of a mtn bike seat ......
Thats why I said what I did about him doing whatever it takes to learn, kind of like training wheels if you will...once he graduates from a Padawan Learner to Jedi Master he will no longer need these tips and he can use The Force at will to do as he likes

As for me, ya gotta remember, I'm an ole MX'r....you don't sit down on MX bikes. So my *** isn't use to a seat.
________
Arizona medical marijuana

Last edited by JasonFMX; 03-29-2011 at 08:02 AM.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:10 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

exactly....... Ive never used training wheels on my bicycle..... lol... just kept trying til i could do it. It seems like alot of people get the klx to learn on, or after years of not riding.... once ya get it down pat its a pretty quick bike.

Yea.... why do they even put seats on mx bikes.... lol..... wouldnt that be crazy if mx bikes were like trials bikes... lol....

Old 10-28-2008, 10:08 PM
1st Gear Member

They are just there for those rare times when you do sit down I guess. You need something there. My last CR was the worst. It was a modified CR250 (aluminum frame). It was nothing but top end and overrev. I won't say it had more power than my 500, but...the 500 had mid and bottom and top, so there's no sitting down under those circumstances, you need control over the machine. This things power was no bottom, extremely little to no mid, then all of the sudden in the top end it comes out of nowhere like getting punched in the chest with a log, then in the overrev where most bikes die out it just keeps pulling, it just never stopped. You couldn't ride wheelies on it because of that. There was no smooth power delivery to lift the front end, it just spun the wheel and if you dared try and lift the tire you'd be on your back. I named the bike "Spawn" because it wasn't manufactured and modified by human hands...the Devil himself made this bike. And in fitting of its name I stripped it of all its stickers and had all black plastic on it so it was dark, plain and mean looking. Whats funny is I had pics of the damn thing and after I sold it, the pics disappeared,.......spooky.
________
Gay Sex

Last edited by JasonFMX; 03-29-2011 at 08:02 AM.