First mod advice. *New*

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2020, 03:34 PM
1st Gear Member

https://www.mpakissale.com/index.php...ducts_id=33213

Will this fit my carb? I'm looking for a quality replacement. If I'm taking it apart and all then I might as well switch it out.

Old 01-26-2020, 05:38 PM
1st Gear Member

Before you buy anything from that website, take out the money you'll spend and kiss it goodbye..

The site is a scam - always do research on websites now days... the scammers are getting very creative with pop up commerce sites offering exactly , or similar to, the stuff you've been searching online for !

If you cannot get the company on the phone, you're likely on a scam site. Usually this is because there are absolutely no phone numbers anywhere on the website ...
A simple google search of the URL ("Mpakissale,com" in this case) will do the trick.. For techies, we use Whois.net , etc, etc, to get information about the web site..

Still, anyone interested in what I think is a good example of the current state of the art in scam commerce sites, go to Mpakissale.com and poke around - it is impressive !

Last edited by Klxster; 01-26-2020 at 05:54 PM.
Old 01-26-2020, 06:40 PM
1st Gear Member

So basically the kouba is the only good option?

Old 01-26-2020, 08:31 PM
1st Gear Member

Ahh, the fuel screw is a "set it and forget it" adjustment. The Kouba is for those that do serious altitude changes, when riding, to the point where idle quality degrades..

The Fuel screw controls the quality(fueling) of the engines' idle, and partially fuels closed throttle decels ((FYI,up to 1/4 throttle+high rpm ops ( a rare occurrence while riding) are fueled with pilot transfer ports with help from the fuel screw port)) - that's all it does, nothing more, notta.

Also, the Kouba carries a different taper than the stock fuel screw. So setting it correctly requires the "midway between idle drops" method with a #38 or #40 pilot jet and "Lean to idle drop and stable" with the stock #35 pilot jet.

Old 01-26-2020, 08:36 PM
1st Gear Member

I guess I should have asked if you've already checked for the simple stuff - namely fuel flow and vacuum leaks.. Either would be the simple causes for you problem..

Last edited by Klxster; 01-26-2020 at 08:38 PM.
Old 01-26-2020, 09:35 PM
1st Gear Member

I haven't checked for leaks. Do you guys use grease or anything when you out the carb back in the boots?

Old 01-26-2020, 10:15 PM
1st Gear Member

I still think I'm going to get the upgrade screw. I like how the 0 ring is at the end and not at the top. Seems less likely to get stuck and I plan on doing mods. What screw do you recommend?

Old 01-27-2020, 08:14 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Klxster
Before you buy anything from that website, take out the money you'll spend and kiss it goodbye..

The site is a scam - always do research on websites now days... the scammers are getting very creative with pop up commerce sites offering exactly , or similar to, the stuff you've been searching online for !

If you cannot get the company on the phone, you're likely on a scam site. Usually this is because there are absolutely no phone numbers anywhere on the website ...
A simple google search of the URL ("Mpakissale,com" in this case) will do the trick.. For techies, we use Whois.net , etc, etc, to get information about the web site..

Still, anyone interested in what I think is a good example of the current state of the art in scam commerce sites, go to Mpakissale.com and poke around - it is impressive !
I think they just made a script to copy amazons inventory and to deduct a bit to make it cheaper than it is on amazon(like 33% cheaper). and quote minimum shipping as 53 cad instead of 35 cad. I mean all the product images are from amazon too. not just copied from amazon but linked from amazon directly. do people fall for this ? if it was amazon + some percentage on price I'd believe they might even ship you the product...

Old 01-27-2020, 12:15 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by dtrackermslazgromthailassi
I think they just made a script to copy amazons inventory and to deduct a bit to make it cheaper than it is on amazon(like 33% cheaper). and quote minimum shipping as 53 cad instead of 35 cad. I mean all the product images are from amazon too. not just copied from amazon but linked from amazon directly. do people fall for this ? if it was amazon + some percentage on price I'd believe they might even ship you the product...
What do you think about this one?

https://cv-performance.com/ez-just-mixture-screw

Old 01-27-2020, 05:41 PM
1st Gear Member

What I think is that you need to stop screwing around with fuel screws and work on fixing your engines' problem..

Quick Reply: First mod advice. *New*