A First Hand Account of What Happened at the Flat Rock race in the 2009 NCHSA Series

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 03:23 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Here's a pic a local photographer took. This must be near the start because my bike is still clean. Looking through his pictures, he did not go back to any of the muddy climbs it doesn't appear.

Old 06-11-2009, 03:32 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nobrakes
Thanks but you know I can do it.
Oh yeaaaaa I forgot! LOL Just make sure it follows the same format and looks the same. I have OCD in case you didn't know. .......

Old 06-11-2009, 06:43 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by deej
Oh yeaaaaa I forgot! LOL Just make sure it follows the same format and looks the same. I have OCD in case you didn't know. .......
Yeah whatever.

Old 06-12-2009, 01:01 AM
1st Gear Member

Great job Brian! I really enjoyed your write up.

Old 06-12-2009, 01:27 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Thanks! I just got my bike and all my gear cleaned up. I even used soap. Everything is very clean now, but it took about 4 hours. I have a low spot in my yard so I rolled my bike over top of it and proceeded to wash. All the dirt that fell off made big headway toward filling that hole, lol.

While I'm on the topic of cleaning, anyone ever use Charlie's Soap? I bought a 5 gallon bucket of powdered and mixed some up and put in a garden weed sprayer. Dang, that stuff works really well. Just thought I'd share that. Used it to clean the bike, helmet, gloves, boots, neck brace, and chest protector. When combined with a brush, everything came out spotless. Worked wonders on my chain w/grunge brush, too. As it says on the label, "Cleans everything from false teeth to diesel engines."

http://www.charliesoap.com/

Old 06-12-2009, 03:33 AM
1st Gear Member

Nice report. I enjoyed the read.
What's with the "secret weapon rear trials tyre" on the kato?
How'd that dude/dudett go in the mud I can see all over your steed?

Old 06-12-2009, 01:29 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

I don't know how he did. I saw quite a few trials tires, one of which was in the row in front of us in our race. They say they do OK, but the real traction comes when you air them down to 4 to 6 pounds and I'm just not sure how well that would work. Seems like it would be way too soft in the turns and some of the really hard hits the rear tire takes on the rocks and roots.

Old 06-16-2009, 01:27 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Well, this race took its toll. After taking a little ride in prep for another race this past Sunday that I was hoping to make, I noticed the rear wheel felt pretty wobbly, visual inspection confirms it, so I'm sending it off to be retrued. So I guess that course was hard on both man and machine.

A few rear wheel dingers seem to be the extent of it, though, the rest of the bike checks out fine. And I'm now over the muscle soreness and mental trauma so looking forward to the next one now. July 12 is the next possible one for me, it's all the way in South Carolina, gonna be hot for sure, and over 4 hours away. But I'm determined to cast off this bad helmet cam mojo. I can only hope that it will be as good as I know the footage of this last race would have been, if only it had been fracking recording. *shakes fist*

Old 06-16-2009, 10:33 AM
1st Gear Member

wow, great write up. i would love to enter in to something like that, but in nsw the rules are pretty strict with "racing", so the only option is a rally, which i plan to do. i think the klx250 should go all right, just my 50/50 tires will make things interesting doing high speeds, at the moment i can keep up with 450, only because i know the area and i know i can come around that corner side ways.

Old 06-17-2009, 01:04 AM
1st Gear Member

great report, im looking to do some races this fall. more desert stuff, check out promoto.tv if you want a look.

Quick Reply: A First Hand Account of What Happened at the Flat Rock race in the 2009 NCHSA Series