A First Hand Account of What Happened at the Flat Rock race in the 2009 NCHSA Series

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 03:51 AM
1st Gear Member

Great write up !!
How in the heck do you remember so many details from each lap. Thats amazing!!

PS. I have the same photography habits !!

Old 06-11-2009, 04:29 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Fourty2ri
Great write up !!
How in the heck do you remember so many details from each lap. Thats amazing!!

PS. I have the same photography habits !!
Maybe because it was like one of those traumatic events and all the details will forever be burned into my memory?

One thing I forgot to mention, though, was that the whole time I had no idea where I stood in the race order. Normally there is a LED display in the scoring tent and when they beep your barcode on your helmet it shows your current running order, and how far back you are from the guy in front of you in the same class. The first time through, I looked all around and couldn't see it. Every lap after that I just went on through, didn't even try to find it, I thought maybe it wasn't working or something. Some said I must be blind, it was right there.

Then there was a delay in posting the afternoon race results. Apparently some folks found an easy place to cut the course and were taking about a mile out of the track by darting down a dirt road and joining back up after they bypassed about a mile of that stuff, and it was taking a while to finalize the results because scoring was trying to figure out who the culprits were. But they had computer problems also that race and that messed up some of the times, and that's how they catch cheaters by seeing who had "short laps". So it was taking a long time to get the paper results posted and we had a long drive ahead of us, so we needed to get going and would just check the results when we got home. But they didn't have them posted until the next morning. So I wondered all the ride home how I did and didn't find out until the next morning.

I have no idea if anyone in my class was cutting or not or if it would have affected my finish order. I don't really care either way. It's fun getting a good result, but the real fun is finishing the race and riding well. If I felt like I rode well, I wouldn't care if I finished last. Plus the atmosphere there is neat and most everyone is nice, we met several people and talked with them a good while. That was cool.

Also ... I forgot to mention this, I saw someone there with the really cool '09 Husaberg FE450!!! So naturally I had to go up and introduce myself and get a closer look. I think that guy passed me at some point because I remember seeing that bike go by me, although he was not in my class, so it was OK.

Old 06-11-2009, 04:58 AM
1st Gear Member

Great stuff Brian.
Your attention to detail is amasing.

Pity about the video.
Same thing happened to me last weekend.
I though I had got some great footage including an nice off by me.
But it wasn't recording

Old 06-11-2009, 01:38 PM
1st Gear Member

Dude,, Great write up,, Glad you had a blast... I might try one of these one day, but I belive I need something differant than the KLX lol ,,, Oh and nice booty shots to lol : )

Old 06-11-2009, 02:24 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by dan888

ATTTA BOY!!!!!

+ 1 I was going to say that these 2 pictures are the best part of the whole thread. Congrats Brian, looks like a lot of work, fun and adventure. Honestly I was too lazy to read it all...... I did hit the high points.

Old 06-11-2009, 02:25 PM
1st Gear Member

Oh and if you want this added to the official Ride report thread, let me know.

Old 06-11-2009, 02:40 PM
1st Gear Member

Wow what a hell of a ride that must have been! Thanks for the write up man you had me hooked from the first line!!! Glad you got to the finish line!!! Nice photo taking skills!!!

Old 06-11-2009, 02:46 PM
1st Gear Member

Ohhhh look at me I read the whole thing......OK that's just my laziness lashing out, sorry man. I will print this out and make sure to read it all.

Old 06-11-2009, 02:49 PM
1st Gear Member

No worries just unemployed so I got nothing better to do!!!

Old 06-11-2009, 03:11 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by deej
Oh and if you want this added to the official Ride report thread, let me know.
Thanks but you know I can do it.

Quick Reply: A First Hand Account of What Happened at the Flat Rock race in the 2009 NCHSA Series