First DS ride

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 07:46 PM
1st Gear Member
Default First DS ride

Well, if the bike wasnt broken in it is now! We did a little 180 mile trip on Saturday. Trailered to Sonora then rode back roads, both dirt and pavement, to the entrance of Yosemite and back. It was a good time, was on one pretty rutted, rocky and gravel road and saw a guy riding solo with a big BMW. I wish I took more pictures but I was busy riding.

Old 07-30-2013, 06:12 PM
1st Gear Member

If you hadn't said where you rode, I could have guessed it by the butt-print in the dust on your seat. LOL That proves you were riding "out west".

Nice pics. It's always a struggle to balance "riding" with "stopping to take pictures to prove you were riding"...

Old 07-30-2013, 07:37 PM
1st Gear Member

Haha yes! Hopefully next time I'll do more standing because I'll be on some technical stuff. It was a good mix of paved and dirt, every ride is a good ride though. I see your from Utah, I spent 6 days wheeling Moab, next time I'm out there I think I'll be on a bike! Very beautiful/clean state.

Old 07-30-2013, 09:16 PM
1st Gear Member

Looks like a great place to ride, enjoy it.
Dan

Old 07-31-2013, 03:11 AM
1st Gear Member

Im jealous. Looks like you had alot of fun.

Old 08-01-2013, 01:09 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by NorCalKLX
Haha yes! Hopefully next time I'll do more standing because I'll be on some technical stuff. It was a good mix of paved and dirt, every ride is a good ride though. I see your from Utah, I spent 6 days wheeling Moab, next time I'm out there I think I'll be on a bike! Very beautiful/clean state.
Been here 4 years... and I still haven't made it to Moab. Glad you had fun here.

Old 08-01-2013, 01:50 AM
1st Gear Member

It's ok, I own a Jeep, I love wheeling, been doing it 6 years, there is Jeep named after the infamous Rubicon trail yet I've never wheeled it. It's 3 hours from my house. Same with Yosemite, I've never actually been in Yosemite. I've been to all the obscure spots around these places though. I guess I don't feel the urgency for things in my own back yard. Half the fun is getting there for me.

Go to Moab, visit Arches and Canyonlands also. Both are worth it, also Melts Burger in Moab is legit.

Old 08-01-2013, 11:11 PM
1st Gear Member

Okay - and you need to go to Yosemite! I spent many nights camping there when I lived in Merced. ;-)

Old 08-02-2013, 12:07 AM
drm
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by rgoers
Been here 4 years... and I still haven't made it to Moab. Glad you had fun here.
Dude, I'm from tn and went to moab 2 years ago. I would go back in a heartbeat. I am trying to figure out to convince my wife to let me ride out there and back.

Old 08-02-2013, 04:32 AM
1st Gear Member

Yosemite is on my bucket list. I would like to ride to Moab also. I think my next bike will be a 650KLR or a BMW of some sort. Probably won't buy another bike for a while though.

Quick Reply: First DS ride