finished the mods....but....

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 05:00 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: finished the mods....but....

I'm running the 124 DJ on clip 3. I just got off the phone with my uncle who lives about 10 min from me (same bikes) and his mechanic put in the 128dJ with clip 3 as well. Only difference is he cut off the little 1/2inch opening on the end of his exhaust and put like a 2 inch opening in it, as well as drilled the baffeling. So his has more flow than the usual moded pipe, but still not as much as a complete aftermarket. His bike runs well regardless so i think 128 could be the way.

Old 08-16-2007, 07:45 PM
1st Gear Member

Stellar the muzzy will lose some bottom end pull due to the enlarged head pipe.What is loses on the bottom it makes up forin the higher rpms. Gearing the bike will make up for this. 6th gear will be useless until you either regear or big bore. And Deej, cooking hot dogs on the grill is ok but something about cooking a weiner dog on the grill is just not right.

Old 08-16-2007, 09:33 PM
1st Gear Member

thanks for all the help guys, i'm sure lucky to have this forum...otherwise i'd have sold the bike by now for its lack of *********.

anyway, i think i've got it dialed in now. I moved the clip on the needle to #4 from 3 and left the jet at 124. Oddly enough, this is what they suggest you have it set at with a plain jane stock pipe. 128 with the end removed. go figure. runs great. responds well. to be totally honest i dont know if i'm running too lean or not, i wouldnt be able to tell by performance thats for sure. I was concerned at first because the headpipe is a little dark now but thats to be expected i'm sure.

I can almost do wheelies with the stock gearing (keep in mind i'm 270 and pretty tall so its tough) but i think once i get the gearing going it will rule. I let my uncle ride it, whos 100 pounds less than me and he can get the wheel up. he also loves what the pipe has done...he might be getting one.

still....i'm always going to wonder what its like to put the 128 jet in there.

Old 08-17-2007, 07:29 AM

I am finally tracking pipe that is 'garanteed by USPS' to reach me by the 20th (only 3 days to go and it has just gone through Australian customs). I was about to ask for a refund and buy a Barrett Exhaust (checkout their website - they have a cool selection of anodised colours!) but got the tracking number...phew!

I have the dynojet 2206 coming as well and am looking at changing the mainjet myself. I have not tried this before and would like to know any 'tricks of the trade'. I am hoping it will be straight forward, But in saying that I honestly dont have a clue. Apart from ripping the fuel tank off what do i do????

Old 08-17-2007, 09:33 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Im 6'1" 225lbs and the klx scoots me around just as good as id like.... never had any trouble.

Old 08-17-2007, 10:50 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

did you still have the stock rear on it?

Old 08-17-2007, 11:25 AM
1st Gear Member

Even when he's not on his own bike, Eric hauls ***! I rarely saw him on the trails in NJ

Old 08-17-2007, 11:28 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

I dont know what your talking about...... Im still new to riding i dont know what im doing yet

How fast did you ride on that long flat part on suday morning when the sand was wet? I was in 6th wide open throttle down that trail... probably pushing 75mph.....

Quick Reply: finished the mods....but....