Finger Mullet - How Much?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 11:39 PM
Default Finger Mullet - How Much?

Finger Mullet,

If I remember correctly you snagged a 300 kit on EBay.

Have you done anything with it?

Haven't heard much from you.

Old 11-22-2006, 06:17 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Finger Mullet - How Much?

Hey Marty, I got the 300 kit on a few weeks ago.... not to tough to do and the little bike definately runs stronger, it mostly increased the lower to medium end grunt or torque. I've had some issues with the e-start, getting stuck in the sand sucks, so I ordered the kick start kit for $325 and I should be getting it next week. I'm not looking forward to this mod, the parts diagram looks a little scary, hopefully the kit comes with instructions. I'll post picks of me attempting this.

I haven't been posting or riding much (except after work workouts in my sandpit) because of work and exceptional fishing lately.... it is that time of year and I recently got my SPL so I can justify my fishing habit by selling some of my catch. Besides with goggle eyes going for $60/dozen I've been making quite a bit of extra cash for more bike mods!! I still can't believe the sportys are willing to pay me $5 each for these guys.

Name:  BaitPic.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  60.2 KB

With my goggle eye money my next mod, after new tires, chain and sprocket, will be getting the 8" Baja Designs Racing HID with a stator rewind......I luv racing my buds on quads in the sand at night but I need more light, with the stock light it's really tough to see a rut in the sand before you are in it and yes I've had some classic wipeouts.

I also bought a great bike carrier last week, so if you see a another klx in the scrub this weekend it might be me.

Old 11-23-2006, 12:22 AM
1st Gear Member

5 bucks apiece?!!!
damn, im movin!
lol

Old 11-23-2006, 04:03 AM
1st Gear Member

whats that in beans??

(Just kidding...)

Old 11-23-2006, 04:39 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Finger Mullet

With my goggle eye money my next mod, after new tires, chain and sprocket, will be getting the 8" Baja Designs Racing HID with a stator rewind......I luv racing my buds on quads in the sand at night but I need more light, with the stock light it's really tough to see a rut in the sand before you are in it and yes I've had some classic wipeouts.
Finger Mullet, I recommend that you call or fire-off an email to Baja designs before having the stator rewound. I have already looked into it with them and they told me that the stators they rewind are not for the KLX250S, but rather older, NON dual sport KLX250D/R which had only six poles and a lower voltage output. The stator for our bikes is a totally different amimal. It has 18 poles and has more than enough output for HID lights.

I recommend that you just buy the lights.

Old 11-23-2006, 06:29 PM
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the heads up Tremor, I'll definately call them first and work out the details with them. I've got to catch some more gogs so I have more beans to buy some bling for my bike. My credit card has been watched closely since I got this new toy.

I think this headlight would look good on our bike, kinda old school.

Old 11-23-2006, 07:46 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Yeah, that's a great headlight - I like it a lot. I would have bought one, but the only problem is that it is waaaay too bright for DOT and is off-road only, assuming that is the HID version.

Old 11-23-2006, 10:30 PM
1st Gear Member

Very apropos since it kind of resembles the goggle eye fish that you're catching to finance it!

Old 11-24-2006, 01:01 AM
1st Gear Member

Hey, now that light gives the bike some character! Don't know if it would go with the lines on my D-tracker though [8D]

Thanks for the heads up Tremor, I'll definately call them first and work out the details with them. I've got to catch some more gogs so I have more beans to buy some bling for my bike. My credit card has been watched closely since I got this new toy.