finally jetted and big gun back on.

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 07:01 PM
Default finally jetted and big gun back on.

ok. night and day difference! i have big gun evo x and jetted with 128 main, air screw 2.5 turns out, n1tc needle with clip in 2nd position, and drilled slide vent to 7/64 and installed kdx snorkle. fired right up idled smooth, reved smooth. took it for a spin, holy crap batman!!!! it runs perfect. no bogs, no hesitation, nothing!
first thing i noticed is throttle response is SO much better! and it pulls so much harder! if you were thinking of these mods, DO THEM!!

now off to the shop to install 13 tooth sprocket!!!

Old 05-21-2006, 02:26 AM
Default RE: finally jetted and big gun back on.

well honestly it didnt take me that long, but i am a auto tech that works on cars everyday so my mechanical ability is pretty high. i would say the average person could have it done and running in 2 hours if you already have a attack plan as what your getting in to. the washer goes on top of the clip then the holder on top of that. very straightfoward only adjustment is the air screw but very easy, just turn in until seated and turn 2.5 turns out and forget it. i have the stock pilot and even with it the decel popping is MUCH improved. the power is SO much more than just the exhaust.

as far as the sprocket goes. i have pretty much unlimted supply of tools so i just used my air impact wrench to get it off at work earlier and the 13 tooth did make a even bigger improvment.

honestly earlier i was in 2nd and with NO clutch could yank it up it to a nice wheelie!! wooohhhoooooo
i used to like my bike, now i love it!![sm=nxsmile.gif] << feels like it got some of this

Old 05-21-2006, 04:23 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

great news. i got all those parts coming. hope to get them soon. cant wait to open it up!

Old 05-21-2006, 05:07 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: klxstiffler

honestly earlier i was in 2nd and with NO clutch could yank it up it to a nice wheelie!! wooohhhoooooo
i used to like my bike, now i love it!![sm=nxsmile.gif] << feels like it got some of this

Damn! That's great to hear klxstiffler! Mine is bone stock and a clutchless wheelie even in first is a huge chore. That's the one thing that I was very disappointed about the KLX. My XT225 which is not know for being a wheelie machine by any stretch of the imagination would shoot the front end up in first with a quick snap of the throttle. Finance permitting, I am definitely going to perform these mods.

Old 05-21-2006, 08:36 AM
1st Gear Member

Hey KLXstiffler are you still running the stock pilot jet? I wish I could justify spending that kind of money on the big gun now. I ordered all the carb parts and snorkle. But some of the parts are back ordered till june. So the only thing I can do to my KLX is put my seal in.

Old 05-21-2006, 05:51 PM

ORIGINAL: matt2496

Hey KLXstiffler are you still running the stock pilot jet? I wish I could justify spending that kind of money on the big gun now. I ordered all the carb parts and snorkle. But some of the parts are back ordered till june. So the only thing I can do to my KLX is put my seal in.
yeah i still have the stock pilot. even with, the popping on decel has reduced. you could get the dynojet kit if you didnt want to wait. or use a washer under the stock needle to raise it slightly. but june isnt that far away and it will be worth it.

Old 05-23-2006, 12:04 AM

So are you running the exhaust with the quiet core and spark arester or wide open.

Old 05-23-2006, 02:06 AM

with quiet core and spark arrestor. still pretty darn loud

Quick Reply: finally jetted and big gun back on.