Finally got the truck fixed, Kawi still saved me.

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 09:02 AM
Default Finally got the truck fixed, Kawi still saved me.

Two weeks later and a awesome personal mechanic and my Toyota truck is back together with so many new parts you can't imagine. I would call it a basic rebuild. Timing chain was wore out and loose and breaking everything inside. So we re did the head and everything else you can imagine.

Those two weeks were not fun, but my KLX got me to work EVERYDAY despite the cold, rainy November weather. I have never really ridden in really bad weather like that and it wasn't to bad with the proper gear. So nice to have a play bike AND a back up. I can't imagine trying to ride a ATV to work. Haha. That's what I had before the KLX.

Old 11-25-2006, 09:20 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Finally got the truck fixed, Kawi still saved me.

Good to hear you are up and running again. I tease a Harley rider at work for being a 'fair weather biker' but it sure is nice to have a car standing by for those times when the weather gets really nasty or you're simply not in the mood to mess with all of the gear, etc.

ORIGINAL: oregon dual sport

Two weeks later and a awesome personal mechanic and my Toyota truck is back together with so many new parts you can't imagine. I would call it a basic rebuild. Timing chain was wore out and loose and breaking everything inside. So we re did the head and everything else you can imagine.

Those two weeks were not fun, but my KLX got me to work EVERYDAY despite the cold, rainy November weather. I have never really ridden in really bad weather like that and it wasn't to bad with the proper gear. So nice to have a play bike AND a back up. I can't imagine trying to ride a ATV to work. Haha. That's what I had before the KLX.

Old 11-25-2006, 07:55 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Finally got the truck fixed, Kawi still saved me.

Alright Ty time to go riding with us up a Johns Peak or over at Quartz Creek. Might be kind of nasty I saw some snow up in the Mts and the forcast is for more.Name:  fc80.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  48.6 KB