Finally Done with mods!!!! (till next year ;)

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 09:34 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Finally Done with mods!!!! (till next year ;)

finally done with most mods i can afford for the year folks... props to every1 on this board for all the help, ideas, and encouragement on the journey... only thing i have left to do now is get it to the shop for a dyno run then jetting.... almost forgot to mention big thanks to Budweiser for keepin my thirst quenched during all those hours of wrenching ;D

heres some pics of the finished product (also uploaded to the community photobucket account)... only thing i can really think of that may be in the future is a suspension upgrade and rippin that nasty piece of black plastic off that the license plate mounts to..........
if for any reason any1 would like any of these pics in fullsize, feel free to ask.

front controls
Name:  100_0749.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  56.2 KB

driver side controls
Name:  100_0746.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  48.6 KB

rear side
Name:  100_0745.jpg
Size:  46.9 KB

rear brake side
Name:  100_0743.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  64.7 KB

rear sprocket side
Name:  100_0740.jpg
Size:  65.1 KB

rear
Name:  100_0738.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  43.5 KB

side
Name:  100_0737.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  49.2 KB

front
Name:  100_0735.jpg
Size:  41.5 KB

side
Name:  100_0732.jpg
Size:  53.4 KB

clip of big gun exhaust sound (bike is cold and not jetted yet so it stutters a bit)
http://s136.photobucket.com/albums/q...t=100_0731.flv

Old 01-07-2007, 10:06 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Finally Done with mods!!!! (till next year ;)

Mods:
46t sprocket (stock 14t on front)
o-ring regina chain
aftermarket chain guide
Renthal kx250 bars
acerbis brushguards
aluminum rear brake caliper guard
big gun exhaust
K&N air filter
sideview mirrors with flex joint
skidplate
rimlocks

coming soon......
backfire screen removal and rejet

couldnt help but to take it for a coupla short runs....note the mud
first impression....... even with the severe need for jetting the front end stood right up with ease.. cant wait till its jetted and running proper!!!!

Old 01-07-2007, 02:45 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Looks good, i think your the only one that has gotten that rear alum caliper guard besides me... Are those trak master tires? It will run alot better after you rejet it.My next is the handle bars and grips. Good job... i see lots of other fun toys in the garage...

Old 01-07-2007, 03:23 PM
1st Gear Member

Hey, that looks like a REAL dirt bike! Niiiiiiiice!.... I like the nice throaty exhaust sound as well.

Can't tell for sure,butit sounds like you might be running with the air lid off. If so, I recommend you replace the lid until you get a chance to rejet the carb. Would hate to see you get heat damage right after modding.
Have you removed/plugged-off the smog gear yet?

ORIGINAL: jsac

Mods:
46t sprocket (stock 14t on front)
o-ring regina chain
aftermarket chain guide
Renthal kx250 bars
acerbis brushguards
aluminum rear brake caliper guard
big gun exhaust
K&N air filter
sideview mirrors with flex joint
skidplate
rimlocks

coming soon......
backfire screen removal and rejet

couldnt help but to take it for a coupla short runs....note the mud
first impression....... even with the severe need for jetting the front end stood right up with ease.. cant wait till its jetted and running proper!!!!

Old 01-07-2007, 07:39 PM
1st Gear Member

yup.. Trakmasters with about .5 miles on em
and ur guess was correct tremor.. airbox lid is off... but im not planning on riding it till its jetted... just couldnt contain myself.. i HAD to take it for a quick spin to see how it handled and sounded.. and lemme tell ya.. its a diff bike!!!

edit:
havent messed with the smog stuff yet.. if i do anything itll be the crankcase restriction mod as from what i read the smog stuff has no reported gains when removed.... for now, im sick of turnin bolts on this bike... time to just stand back and look at my handiwork for now

Old 01-07-2007, 11:01 PM
1st Gear Member

Removal of the smog stuff would help you in the jetting department if you weren't going to get it dyno tuned. I kept messing with my settings and the fuel screw because no matter what I was getting a lot of exhaust pops on decel. After I removed the smog, I was able to lean it back out to where it should be (according to the spark plug) and very very rarely do I get any backfiring now. Not to mention it will cool the headpipe down a bit.

Old 01-08-2007, 01:14 AM

Looks great! Now all you need is a wash bucket.I like those hand guards. Looks like you have some other fun toys too. TheSki Doand the four wheeler look fun. I have always wanted to ride a snow mobile but it doesn't snow in Atlanta.

Old 01-08-2007, 07:35 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: EvildoerZX10R

Looks great! Now all you need is a wash bucket.I like those hand guards. Looks like you have some other fun toys too. TheSki Doand the four wheeler look fun. I have always wanted to ride a snow mobile but it doesn't snow in Atlanta.
i wish they were my toys their actually my friends and his relatives... that garage is our beer swilling, machine playground owned by my buddy.. he lets me keep my bike their for the winter and we hang out downin beers and playin with machines... it isnt in the picture, but he also has a 80's something or other honda 50CC ATV.... sometimes when we get buzzed up, we'll clear a large oval in the garage and race the 50 around inside (its an old commercial sized garage, 6 bays, on his farm). definitely a fun place to waste time in the winter. with the winter we're having (was 60F here this week, Northeastern PA.) im starting to doubt ill ever get to take one of those sleds for a ride... i dont know the specifics of them but their both 800CC's and ones worked. should be pretty crazy.

Old 01-08-2007, 07:52 AM

Sounds fun! nothing like drinking with your buds and looking at the toys you can't ride because of weather, wives, and work! But at least we all have at least one we can look at and enjoy as much as possible.

Old 01-08-2007, 01:40 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Those snow mobiles are nuts... centrifical clutch, just hit the gas and you take off like a bat outta hell..... crazy... but boy are they fun... the really tear up grass though when there isnt alot of snow... oops

Beer and motorized things always a good combination... you always know something good will happen after someone says " Here hold my beer for a sec, im gonna do somethin." lol