Finally able to install my newest goodie...

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 11:34 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member
Default Finally able to install my newest goodie...

Well after not having my bike forever, i was finally able to install my new front fender. Its a acerbis Tecnik front fender. It was kinda a pain to get it how i wanted. The didnt sell the green front half with black back only white, so i had to order them seperate, cost a little more, but i got what i wanted. The green matches the stock green almost perfectly and it looks alot better. A few drilled holes later and tada!!!!!!

Name:  stuff041.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  85.8 KB

Name:  stuff042.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  62.7 KB

Name:  stuff043.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  55.5 KB

Name:  stuff044.jpg
Size:  80.7 KB

Name:  stuff046.jpg
Size:  97.0 KB

Old 06-17-2007, 12:37 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Finally able to install my newest goodie...

Hey EMS_0525 I like that what part numbers did you order to get that set up and where did you get them I like the shape and the 2 colors really set it off Nice Job

Old 06-17-2007, 12:48 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

It was actually tricky, like i said i had to order them seperate..... they were actually replacement parts. The front green half was backordered for awhile, but since i didnt have my bike anyway it really didnt matter... I dont know if you call thumpertalk, if they would have the black back half seperate.... they have the front shown http://shop.thumpertalk.com/catalogs...ault.asp?p=289

This is where i got mine, http://www.temeculamotorsports.com/e..._FRONT_FEN.htm

back P/N - Rear Black-73-6210 $19.76
front P/N - Front Green-73-6199 $17.96
but if you ordered the whole thing together it would be $31.46 but they dont sell black and green, they sell green and white... but i dont want white, im trying to get rid of white lol.....

Old 06-17-2007, 03:44 PM
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the info Very helpfull I buy a lot from Thumper Talk

Old 06-17-2007, 03:48 PM
1st Gear Member

Hey do you think if I buy the replacement ones from thumper they will come with the screws to join them together????

Old 06-17-2007, 04:00 PM
1st Gear Member

Nice mod, congrats on getting the bike back. I like the way fender looks. what size drill bits did you use?

Old 06-17-2007, 07:38 PM
1st Gear Member

Let us know how it performs on the street as well as the dirt. I know the more reinforced fenders, like alot of the motard fenders, improve stability on the street if the fender is solid, unlike the stock fender that will deflect and bend under wind pressure, moving around and changing the aurodynamics of the front end.

I'm looking for a good 'solid' fender to help with that issue at some point and I really like the look of this combination. Good job!

Old 06-17-2007, 08:54 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Cool fender, nice color combination.

Old 06-17-2007, 10:55 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Thanks guys, The holes are 3/8" or a hair bigger.... Its very sturdy, it doesnt move at highway speeds like the stock. Yes the back half comes with the screws to hold the front on... thats what i did i bought the two pieces seperate. Ilike it alot better, now to get those side panels and fork guards black..... Performs well in dirt too.... the holes let more air to the rads.... but not much dirt, at least not much more than stock, if you were in sandy terrain like FL or NJ like i rode this would be perfect, your bike doesnt seem to get "dirty" from sand... Works and looks great. couldnt be happier.

Old 06-17-2007, 11:59 PM
1st Gear Member

I ordered the same set up from Thumper this morning.... I do notice at 70 to 80 miles per the front end seems very unstable and that big floppy fender is causing most of that I'm sure..... I don't run that fast much but when I do I would like a more stable feelAnd for the cost its a good mod to do and looks good to

Quick Reply: Finally able to install my newest goodie...