Ferry Replaces Injured Stewart

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 12:39 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Ferry Replaces Injured Stewart

I don't think Iowa ever read Dale Carnegie
How to Win Friends and Influence People
Fundamental Techniques in Handling People
[ol][*]Don't criticize, condemn or complain.[*]Give honest and sincere appreciation.[*]Arouse in the other person an eager want. [/ol]
Six ways to make people like you
[ol][*]Become genuinely interested in other people.[*]Smile.[*]Remember that a person's name is to that person the sweetest and most important sound in any language.[*]Be a good listener. Encourage others to talk about themselves.[*]Talk in terms of the other person's interests.[*]Make the other person feel important - and do it sincerely. [/ol]
Win people to your way of thinking
[ol][*]The only way to get the best of an argument is to avoid it.[*]Show respect for the other person's opinions. Never say, "You're wrong."[*]If you are wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically.[*]Begin in a friendly way.[*]Get the other person saying "yes, yes" immediately.[*]Let the other person do a great deal of the talking.[*]Let the other person feel that the idea is his or hers.[*]Try honestly to see things from the other person's point of view.[*]Be sympathetic with the other person's ideas and desires.[*]Appeal to the nobler motives.[*]Dramatize your ideas.[*]Throw down a challenge. [/ol]
Be a Leader: How to Change People Without Giving Offense or Arousing ResentmentA leader's job often includes changing your people's attitudes and behavior. Some suggestions to accomplish this:
[ol][*]Begin with praise and honest appreciation.[*]Call attention to people's mistakes indirectly.[*]Talk about your own mistakes before criticizing the other person.[*]Ask questions instead of giving direct orders.[*]Let the other person save face.[*]Praise the slightest improvement and praise every improvement. Be "hearty in your approbation and lavish in your praise."[*]Give the other person a fine reputation to live up to.[*]Use encouragement. Make the fault seem easy to correct.[*]Make the other person happy about doing the thing you suggest. [/ol]

Old 08-29-2007, 01:04 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

now where is that picture....... oh there it is..... ( no offense) someone was gonna do it.... I get a kick out of how fired up some of you get with others on here.... and the more funny part i bet IG is sitting there laughing..... i personally dont follow it enough to know who is right and who is wrong... thats why i stayed out of this one

Old 08-29-2007, 01:34 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Iowaguy, your logic as well as your preception of reality is .... well, I have no words. Later, man ... [sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 08-29-2007, 01:57 PM

IG,
You've changed your argument mid-stream.

You started off by stating that JS doesn't belong in the same sentence as Hannah, Johnson, McGrath, Carmichael, et al. ... that those guys were in a different leauge regarding their riding skill. If you look at the first 3 years of JS's career, I think you have to include him in that league for at least SX. The only one who doesn't belong in that list is probably McGrath. Didn't he have like 70+ career wins, RC is in the 40s or 50s, and everyone else is in the 20s?

You then changed your argument to one of career accomplishments and, apparently, used the logic if JS doesn't match up to the 10+ year careers of the greatest SX rider of all time (McGrath) and the greatest overall rider of all time (Carmichael), then he's not that good. If you're really changing your argument to "JS's career pales in comparison to Carmichael's and McGrath's," then I completely agree. But, that's not how you started off.

You're also all over the map with your statments. Reed can beat anyone out there. Speed doesn't win races, smoothness does and JS is far from smooth. Etc. Not only are these distractors from your main argument, but they actually damage your credibility because the comments don't stand on their own and you provide no supporting argument to suggest that these counterintuitive statements are, in fact, true.

Old 08-29-2007, 02:37 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Iowaguy

dude, i just lost all respect for you and i actually sort of liked you.[&o]
Wow, I betBrian willlose sleep over that.He probably values your respect as much as the rest of us value your opinion.

IG, you are a complete flake.

Old 08-29-2007, 03:04 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes

Iowaguy, your logic as well as your preception of reality is .... well, I have no words. Later, man ... [sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Brian...I have a Thesaurus...see if there's a word in here you can use...fuzzy, bleary, blurred, dim, distorted, faint, foggy, hazy, ill-defined, indefinite, indistinct, misty, muffled, murky, obscure, shadowy, unclear, unfocused, vague.

There's more if you need them, my favorite is "putrescent".

If I made a mistake, and am not following your train of thought, please try to call it to my attention in an indirect way...it will make me feel better.

Thanks everyone, I love this forum! My reasons for reading are:

1. You guys make me laugh.
2. I like to see what works and what doesn't.
3. You guys make me laugh.
4. The ride reports are great.
5. You guys make me laugh.
6. The HOTD, are well, HOT.
7. You guys make me laugh.

Old 08-29-2007, 09:22 PM
1st Gear Member

[sm=pcwhack.gif].......I'm not even going to argue with you Iowa because it's pointless. But I have yo say this.

Kawasaki will never get rid of Stewart he brings in to much money for them
Villopoto has another year in the lites ( contract )
RC is by far the most talented all around but was the same wreckless person at Stewarts age.
You can't compare Mc and Emig to todays riders, different era, different talent.
Windham might be burned out but after all ..you wern't at Steel City and I was so watch race.
I could go on but I'm getting bored.....and don't feel like picking apart your b.s.

Opinions are like a$$holes and I guess...well....maybe....yep.
. [sm=closed.gif]

Quick Reply: Ferry Replaces Injured Stewart