Fender eliminator kits

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2018, 12:35 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Fender eliminator kits

What kits are available and who can make a recommendation? I see their is a Yoshi and an DRC Edge-2 available. Any others before I pull the trigger? Thanks.

Old 05-18-2018, 02:55 PM
1st Gear Member

DRC kit is a heavy chunk of powdercoated steel. doesn't accept stock signals, so you'll need new ones unless you really want to hack it (good time to get some smaller LED signals, though).

wiring isn't plug-and-play at all, you need to crimp a bunch of bullet connectors, or chop wiring from your old stock tail and splice. overall fairly easy install, though.

the yosh kit is way overpriced, but higher quality for sure, comes with a plate frame, is stainless steel, re-uses stock signals, makes for a much easier install as far as wiring goes

personally i like the tail light that comes with the DRC kit, it matches the rear fender on a bike like this better

Old 05-18-2018, 03:37 PM
1st Gear Member

Just gets more complicated as it goes or more money. Wasn't planning on swapping to LED's on rear. Then I would probably want the fronts and that requires a special bracket also. More money, more money. lol

Old 05-18-2018, 07:45 PM
1st Gear Member

well, you know there's always the $0.25 fender eliminator -- just chop the damn fender off with a hacksaw, and do it behind the plate so you can't see the damage. nothing wrong with doing that.

here's my drc install with a couple of "unbreakable" led signals, i spent maybe an hour installing it

Old 05-18-2018, 07:59 PM
1st Gear Member

I already chopped the damn fender about six inches and remounted the license plate. That big fat stock taillight really stands out now. I spoke to Brook at 12oclocklabs.com and he said you must also buy the fixed rate flasher kit. I'm assuming you bought that also. In addition if I want the same matching turn signals upfront new brackets are required. I know, it's just money. Back to work!. Thanks for the photo.

Old 05-18-2018, 08:47 PM
1st Gear Member

nope the stock flasher module handled my led signals just fine, only slightly faster

Old 05-18-2018, 09:16 PM
1st Gear Member

I also forgot to ask. Did you install the OEM wire connector kit they sell to make the connections plug and play? I think I will go ahead and order it all.

Old 05-19-2018, 12:57 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by dirtridingrocks
Did you install the OEM wire connector kit they sell to make the connections plug and play?
didn't see one of those around. i chopped the plugs off the stock tail and soldered them to the signal and tail light wiring.

Old 05-19-2018, 01:18 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by rfesu
didn't see one of those around. i chopped the plugs off the stock tail and soldered them to the signal and tail light wiring.
Same here.... Edge 2 + a set of led turn signals very similar to the ones pictured (probably the same ones). Bonus was they don't get melted by my Q4

Old 05-19-2018, 12:17 PM
1st Gear Member

Got it. They now sell a wire connector kit so you don't have to cut any wires. Cost was anywhere from $5-10.

Quick Reply: Fender eliminator kits