Favorite other bike

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 07:50 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Favorite other bike

I think a lot of us bought a KLX because it a great choice if you’re limited to only one bike. However, lately I been often daydreaming of buying another bike that would complement this one. If you were going to buy an additional bike what would it be and why would you pick it?

Old 02-13-2008, 08:03 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Favorite other bike

it all really depends on your riding style, enviorment and $ limitations.
but if none of those applied to me, id buy a kx500[8D] mainly because its a troque monster and can hit 150 if you want it to... but thats me.

ike i said, it depends on your style and preferences. where do you ride, how do you ride and are you looking for a street legal bike or a trails bike?

Old 02-13-2008, 08:09 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Name:  InternetExplorerWallpaper.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  78.4 KB

Love the look, and hey its green!! I would love to tour on one of those monsters. It would have to be that color, they do make an orange one with tiger stripes, no thanks.

Old 02-13-2008, 08:15 PM
1st Gear Member

If Yamaha would come out with a 450 version of the new WR250 supermoto I would be on it like white on rice (& keep the KLX but set it up for pure dirt work with just enough legallity to connect trails).

Old 02-13-2008, 08:24 PM
IG

No doubt about it and right now I'm trying like crazy to hold off instead of the new KLX, but it would be the new Ninja 250R in blue. That thing is downright sweet. With a msrp of $3499 it'san out-and-outbargain as well. It will do 120mph and looks like a ZX10 with a front brake rotor removed.

http://www.cycletrader.com/find/list...250-R-91665509

Old 02-13-2008, 09:00 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kx slaughter king
iike i said, it depends on your style and preferences. where do you ride, how do you ride and are you looking for a street legal bike or a trails bike?
I wasn't trying to get help on choosing a bike as I have my mind pretty set on one bike unless a smoking good deal on something else comes along. I was just asking to get others opinions as I think it is fun contemplating about what other bikes we might want to buy. Here are my thoughts on other options
[ul][*] More Powerful Dirtbike- I’m not good enough in the dirt to exploit the KLX so why get something faster. I can always add power to the KLX in the future as my skills get better.[/ul][ul][*]Bigger Dual Sport - The only reason I see to get one is to tour off road far away from home, advrider style. Although I long to take some of those adventures, I don't think I would be going off road far from home by myself as I wouldn't want to get stranded in the middle of nowhere. Touring with someone else would be fun but that rarely happens. If staying on road there are better options (see Bigger Touring Bike).[/ul] [ul][*]Bigger Touring Bike - I'm not sure I would even enjoy riding for hours on end as I have a very short attention span and get bored easily. My wife won't ride 2 up so I would have limited traveling opportunities. To me these seem like good bikes to rent but not own. [/ul] [ul][*]Smaller standard/street bike- Overlaps a lot of what I already have with the KLX, especially if I add power to the KLX in the future. [/ul][ul][*]Sportbike- I've owned a few and I found they are only really fun when going fast. Their uncomfortable ergonomics make them tiring to ride. Why do I need to go much faster on the street? [/ul]

Old 02-13-2008, 09:04 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deej

Love the look, and hey its green!! I would love to tour on one of those monsters. It would have to be that color, they do make an orange one with tiger stripes, no thanks.
that must of been fun to dig out[8D] those are 1050's right?

Old 02-13-2008, 09:06 PM
IG

some of the more less hardcore sportbikes are more forgiving in seating position. this is why I like the new Ninja 250 so much, it's pretty much an upright seating position with good wind protection.

Old 02-13-2008, 10:34 PM
1st Gear Member

I often think about buying a 2 stroke, Like a CR 125 or a 250. I just miss that hard hitting, out of control,power band and the smell of 2 stroke exhaust. But the only place to ride it would be at the local track and I just don't feel like going around in circles all day..

Old 02-13-2008, 10:46 PM
1st Gear Member

I am saving for a Ninja ZX6R in Black. I too would make the Klx barely street legal at that point to connect the trails.

Quick Reply: Favorite other bike