Fast review of the seat concepts seat w/?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 06:49 AM
1st Gear Member

That makes sense Idaho rider. Since I really started riding alone without experienced dirt bikers showing me the basics and ropes I have to wonder if I just adapted my personal style to what I had and part of my personal style is pulling/pushing on the bars synched with doing modified "leg extensions" or "leg curls" with my feet firmly on the pegs to rapids shift my body forward and back.

That was increased when I got the motoport airmesh kevlar pants. The butt of those pants is the same as the "stretch kevlar" and when I first rode with those on the stock seat cover that combo was slicker than snot on a brass doorknob - and if I recall, that bothered me at first but shortly I grew to love how easy it was to move around!

Knowing what I know now, I think (for me anyways) the most versatile, best all around seat would be:

1. A renazco
2. A seat the same shape as stock (for easier moving around on) but with the denser/progressive seat concepts foam. That there would be my first choice off road or for curvy streets. Then for freeway miles I would carry a modified "sweet cheeks" bottle holder. Modified in that you could flip it over and it would work as well either way with one side being grippy and the other slick and if I grew to like the grippy for some uses then I would even inclue a longer flap front and back that velcroed? to the front and back of the main seat.

Old 02-25-2012, 01:02 PM
1st Gear Member

Gripper seat covers are mostly for MX riding. Those bikes put out alot of power and you and the bike are bouncing all over. They were made to help keep the rider up of the tank when jousling around. Then they put a step in the seat to help, then they pleated the seat cover to help. Good for aggressive MX riding but I don't like them on DS bikes for the same reasons as you.

I'd email seatconcepts and ask them to send you a new cover. One with plain sides and embossed top. I've had 3 of them and I really like them. Good company!

Old 02-25-2012, 03:24 PM
1st Gear Member

You will probably get used to the seat after riding for a while. When I had mine done it was grippy too and bothered me but i don't even notice it anymore.

Old 05-15-2016, 11:20 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

I have a Seat Concepts low version on my KLX. As it came on the bike I couldn't compare it with the stock seat, but I find it really uncomfortable. I have 2 theories why. I seem to get pain in the area where the stitching is and as it is a low seat with less foam I think I am bottoming out. Any one else finding this?