Exhausts

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 07:05 PM
Default RE: Exhausts

Thanks Nobrakes, I will try that. Getting cold here in the NW, almost time to hang it up for the winter.

Old 10-05-2006, 08:22 PM
1st Gear Member

Cold, Man the weather is just starting to turn nice here in Florida. I love florida winters. It's the best time of the year here.

LV

Old 10-05-2006, 10:58 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes

ORIGINAL: neilaction
At this point I wish I had the composure of Brian or deej or any of the other "gentleman" who frequent this forum.
Deej is a perfect gentleman, but I think you are confusing me with someone else ha ha

Well I try, but every once in a while I open my mouth and say something stupid, keeps me humble I guess. But if a picture is worth a thousand words, then as far as all the exhaust talk goes read this.

Name:  BeatDeadHorse.gif
Views: 8
Size:  113.8 KB

(smileys added to alert the reader of this post that its all in fun) See how that works?

Old 10-06-2006, 03:41 AM
1st Gear Member

Right on Deej!!!! Personaly to me a pipe is a pipe is a pipe. I have yet to see any numbers on horsepower increase from any of these systems, with the exception of the HMF slip on. Why cant these other manufaturers do that? Could it be that the power to price ratio is too embarrasing? $400 for 3 maybe 4 horsepower if that, does anyone REALY know the "facts" on exhaust systems. I dont think so. Its all heresay, seat of the pants feel, mines better than yours, yours is louder than mine. I want cold hard numbers that prove that Brand X pipe will add X amount of HP. Or before and after timed runs, something! Make my decision easy, give me facts!

When I was riding jet skis all the pipe makers like Riva, Factory Pipe, Pro-tec, Coffman would advertise an 18 hp increase on a Wave Blaster wich is what I had. Of course 2 strokes can make alot more power from exhaust tuning but still you had some numbers and many real world tests from various magazines and what not. It would be nice if the motorcycle exhaust world was more like that!

Old 10-06-2006, 11:35 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Iowaguy
bored his bike twice.
Travis
Just a small correction there Travis, Brian actually purchased a 292cc cylinder, he didn't have his original bored. His 292cc cylinder is away being bored to a 330cc so he has only bored his bike once, which is a lot less than you have bored us all with your pointless "I love big gun" campaign [8D]

Just my 2c

Cheers

p.s. I was interested in seeing what your bike dynoed, its a shame no-one here seems to have a mate with a dyno

Old 10-06-2006, 05:57 PM
1st Gear Member

When you go up in displacement it's called boring .....

Sorry but going up in displacement is not called boring.

There are two ways to go up in displacement: you can increase bore (boring) or increase stroke. Actually if you want to get really technical, you can increase displacement by enlarging the combustion chamber also.

Thus going up in displacement simply means going up in displacement.

Old 10-06-2006, 06:06 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

ok anyone else cofused from that post?

didnt you kinda disagree with your own statement?
ORIGINAL: Cowboy 6
Sorry but going up in displacement is not called boring.

There are two ways to go up in displacement: you can increase bore (boring) or increase stroke. Actually if you want to get really technical, you can increase displacement by enlarging the combustion chamber also.

Thus going up in displacement simply means going up in displacement.

Old 10-06-2006, 06:09 PM

I didn't say he bored his cylinders twice, I said his bike. When you go up in displacement it's called boring and that's what he has done to his bike- 2 times- maybe he didn't bore it himself but somebody has had to do it somewhere before he bought the cylinders. I just wanted to disprove that other lads rationalizations about "journey" and "potential" mumbojumbo. Brian has gone up in displacement twice for more power, there's nothing about any silly "journey" in his mind. He just wants more power. Period.
Good grief, Travis. Let it go already.

If you think everyone on here is so stupid, why do you participate? Have you "converted" anyone here yet? It's really starting to detract from an otherwise incredible resource.

None of us come here to argue. We are here to learn and share. You have shared your satisfaction with the Big Gun. -- We get it. -- We all know that you are happy with your purchase and why. You can rest assured that no one will ever buy a Muzzy and look back with regret and say, I wish someone, somewhere would have warned me about header discoloration or buddy peg interference. You have done your duty.

BTW, it doesn't make it all better when you end with something like "just my opinion lol" or something like that. If you are joking and put a smiley to make sure people know you are joking, that's one thing. If you are attacking someone and put a disclaimer on the end so you can feel good about yourself, that's another.

I don't mean to be contentious. Quite the opposite. I just wish that you would stop antagonizing anyone that happens to disagree with you on any topic. We are tired of it.

You have contributed some excellent techical points along the way, but your contentious nature is overshadowing that and marginalizing your input in general.

That's all I have to say about that.

Quick Reply: Exhausts